Chapter 3: Trying to Gain Trust, Ahead of the Gamble

When Liu Xian said this, everyone was shocked. Liu Bei said in disbelief:

"Sir, why can't this Guangling go?"

In the face of Liu Bei's question, Liu Xian's heart was already in a state of flipping. As a Three Kingdoms enthusiast, he naturally knew what time period Liu Bei was in when he was in the Qing Xu region! This period of time could be said to be the most exciting period of time for things in the Three Kingdoms! Cao Cao, Liu Bei, Sun Ce, Lu Bu, Yuan Jue, Yuan Shao, Gongsun Zan, and so many others were fighting for the throne, and the stars were shining brightly! However, for Liu Bei, this was the most miserable time! Not long after he took over Xuzhou in the midst of the storm, he was attacked by Lu Bu and lost Xuzhou. He then switched to Cao Cao and returned to Xiaopei, where he was defeated by Lu Bu, and then joined Cao Cao again. When Lu Bu died, he traveled to Xuzhou and was defeated by Cao Cao again. He eventually fled to Qingzhou and joined Yuan Shao.

In short, Liu Bei was defeated and defeated again, and again, and again!

The worst part of this period was Liu Bei's defense against Yuan Shu. He could have easily withstood Yuan Shu's fierce attack, but Yuan Shu bribed Lu Bu in the rear, and after being attacked by Lu Bu in Xiapi.

He was going to gather his defeated troops and seize Guangling to make a comeback. However, he was defeated again in Guangling!

He even lost his family's fortune! If it wasn't for Mi Zhu's support of Liu Bei, he would have become a commander in chief. Now see Liu Bei to go to Guangling, Liu Xian immediately concluded that now is the worst period of Liu Bei! Originally, Liu Bei's defeat had nothing to do with him. But now has defected to Liu Bei, that is to take advantage of their own traveler, so that they can also be in this chaotic world to make their own side of the world; and now he is in the army, if the defeat, he will die in the chaos of the army may also say! This is a matter of life and death!

Thinking of this, Liu Xian asked: "Dare I ask Liu Bei is from the defeated army in Xiapi?"

It's a matter of life and death, he doesn't care much, he just looks at Liu Bei straight on. Liu Bei heard this, slightly frowned. But perhaps he saw the determination in Liu Xian's eyes, Liu Bei nodded slightly and said, "Exactly, how do you know?"

Zhang Fei, however, angrily shouted, "You brat, we were kind enough to save you, but you came back to ask us. Whether or not we came from the defeated army in Xiapi is none of your business!"

This sound has like thunder explosion, straight call Liu Xian a burst of ear whimpering. Liu Xian immediately a little nervous, busy saying:

"Before Xian entered the mountain, he heard that Liu Bei and Yuan Shu's army were at odds in Xuyi and Huaiyin. Now that we all see you here, it is evident that the Envoy must have been defeated. Could it be that you were attacked by Lu Bu?"

Hearing this place, Liu Bei's eyes flashed with brilliance, and Zhang Fei was about to speak, but was stopped.

"Precisely! A few days ago, Lu Bu took advantage of my third brother's (Zhang Fei) unpreparedness to take advantage of the civil unrest to sneak attack Xiapi, so that this defeat!" "That's right!"

Liu Xian firmly said: according to my opinion, this time, if Envoy wants to seize Guangling, he will lose here!"

"Heh heh heh!"

As soon as his words fell, Guan Yu's danfeng eyes had already narrowed and he laughed coldly:

"Yuan Shu's army is nothing more than a bunch of ants in our eyes." "How can you conclude that our army is bound to lose? I see that you are acting strangely, you have been tortured, but you are still holding such a sharp blade, could it be that you are not a traitor in the enemy army!"

In the midst of his words, he let loose with all his might, as if Liu Xian would immediately swing his sword at him if he didn't say the right thing! Zhang Fei's eyes are also wide open, staring at Liu Xian, as if he wants to see something from Liu Xian and then stab him with a spear to make a few holes.

"Guan Yu, Zhang Fei! No insolence!"

Liu Bei said with a busy cold voice. Saying that, he looked at Liu Xian again and said suspiciously, "Sir, speak in detail!"

Liu Xian looked at the reaction of these three brothers and wiped his cold sweat and said:

"Our General Zhang lost to Lu Bu, Cao Bao and others, and wanted to attack Guangling to fight Yuan Shu and get a short rest, which is right. However, the so-called "speed is precious", and the key to a surprise attack lies in the word "surprise"! After being defeated by Lu Bu, you should have traveled to Guangling in the night and should not have gathered the scattered troops. Although the scattered troops are not deserters, they have lost their basic fighting spirit, and they can no longer fight for you. Moreover, you have already spent several days to gather the defeated troops, so you have already wasted a lot of time, how can Yuan Shu not know about it? Our army is facing Yuan Shu's army, and since the other side knows about it, they are bound to take precautions. If the enemy ambushes the enemy on the road, the scattered troops will become deserters, and it will also affect the morale of the soldiers, so our army will not be able to defeat the enemy army with many soldiers and generals, and we will definitely suffer a great defeat!"

"Hahahahaha..." said Zhang Fei with a burst of laughter:

"If you say the enemy army has an ambush, then the enemy army has an ambush? Since the Guangling defenders know that we have come, they are afraid of not eating their soldiers, how dare they leave the city to ambush them!" Liu Xian heard this, felt speechless, and did not refute, looking at Liu Bei lightly.

He now knows all the next battle anyway, he should say all said, everything is to be handed over to Liu Bei to judge, he does not listen to Liu Bei rely on their own can not change anything.

At this time, Liu Bei listened to Liu Xian's words, face showed a difficult color. Believe it, then his old ministry is absolutely not convinced, and will also lose a good opportunity to hit Yuan Shu's army, after their own will be more and more passive; do not believe it, the other side said God, and he is now on hand really only a few thousand, even if you add to stay in the front line of the troops, only barely ten thousand people, can no longer withstand a big defeat.

The point is, Liu Xian is too personal and different, which makes Liu Bei want to believe that he can save himself; however, this person is subjected to scalping, so he also has to be guarded.

While hesitating, Liu Bei looked at Jian Yong. In fact, just now when Liu Xian spoke, Jian Yong was there, and is now looking at Liu Xian with great interest. Jian Yong couldn't help but laugh: "Lord, this matter is easy. Since Mr. Liu Xian concluded that there is an ambush ahead, and General Zhang said that Guangling ahead is defenseless, then let's split the army into two, let General Zhang go to explore the road first, and the army at the back, and wait until General Zhang finishes exploring the road before we make countermeasures."

Liu Bei nodded and said, "That's fine, then let's do as you say."

Liu Xian is also indifferent, if Liu Bei can really fight, then there is something wrong with this world, he waited until Liu Bei finished taking Guangling and parted ways with Liu Bei and went to farm himself. If there was really an ambush, he himself would be able to establish his prestige, and after that he could become a strategist by Liu Bei's side. So he continued to sit on the carriage, enjoying special treatment.