Chapter 22 - Liu Cao's Defeat and Ambush of Sun Ce

Liu Bei and Liu Cao met for the first time in their lives.

Speaking of Liu Cao, he was also a young man who had made his fortune with clean politics. When he was a young man, he broke into the enemy camp to save his cousin's uncle, and then made a name for himself and rose through the ranks. At the age of thirty-eight, he was finally appointed as the inspector of a province in Yangzhou (today's Yangzhou City, Jiangsu Province). Unfortunately, Yuan Shu occupied Shouchun (present-day Lu'an City, Anhui Province), and was greeted by Wu Jing and Sun Ben, who brought him to Qu'a (present-day Danyang City, Jiangsu Province). He was greeted by Wu Jing and Sun Ben, and was finally defeated by Sun Ce.

At this time, although he was less than 40 years old, his temples were gray and his face was covered with frost. Seeing Liu Bei, Liu Cao said with red eyes:

"Brother Liu Bei!"

Liu Bei's heart was saddened by this. Seeing the other party in such a sorry state, Liu Bei also said with emotion.

"Liu Cao, how did you get to such a state!"

When Liu Careless heard this, he burst into tears and told what happened to him during this period of time. It turned out that since Sun Ce had broken away from Yuan Shu, he was supported by his good friend Zhou Yu and Zhou Shang, the prefectural-level governor of Danyang (present-day Xichuan County, Henan Province), and his army had expanded to nearly 10,000 men. He then led his army to conquer Hengjiangjin (present-day Chongqing) and Danglikou (present-day Maanshan), and was invincible along the way. He then attacked Niuzhu Mountain (Dangtu County, Anhui Province), where Liu Cuo was hoarding grain and ordnance, and conquered Moling (a district of present-day Nanjing), Meiling (a district of present-day Nanjing), Huxu (a district of present-day Nanjing), and Jiangshi (a riverside area near Qixia Mountain). In the end, Liu Cao's defenders on the outskirts of Qu'a (present-day Danyang City, Jiangsu Province) were annihilated, forcing Liu Cao to leave the city for a duel. As a result, Liu Cuo was defeated and retreated to Dantu (present-day Danyang City, Jiangsu Province) with the remnants of his army.

Speaking of this, Liu Careless said afterward:"

Liu Bei! That Sun Ce is fierce, I'm afraid he will come after us again! Why don't you join me in retreating to Dantu (present-day Dantu City, Jiangsu Province), and then we'll make a plan!"

Liu Bei listens with a frown and subconsciously looks at Liu Xian. Liu Xian listened to Liu Cao's description, and already understood the current state of Jiangdong. Simply put, Danyang County (between present-day Anhui Province and Jiangsu Province), and Wu County (present-day Jiangsu Province, Zhejiang Province, and Shanghai City) to the north have basically been completely conquered by Sun Ce. If they wanted to gain a foothold, Qu'a (present-day Danyang City, Jiangsu Province) and Jiangshi (the riverside near Mount Qixia) had to be captured! Retreating to Dantu (present-day Dantu City, Jiangsu Province), there will be no strategic buffer.

Liu Xian suddenly smiled and said:

"Just now, did Liu Cao say that Sun Ce would pursue?"

Hearing Liu Xian's words, Liu Cao frowned, he and Liu Bei talk, where is the place for you a villain to interrupt? But out of courtesy, Liu Cao still said:

"That Sun Ce's son won the victory, he should follow up the victory!"

Liu Xian looked toward the direction of Qu'a, according to Sun Ce's character, said Qu'a (present-day Danyang City, Jiangsu Province) there are pursuers is sure to have, but Liu Xian is the future to come, he naturally knows that Sun Ce has long been in Dantu set up an ambush, in accordance with the history of the Liu Carefree retreated to the Dantu (present-day Anhui Province and Jiangsu Province, between) after the ambush was Chen Wu ambushed, and defeated, so it was defeated to the Yuzhang County (present-day Nanchang City, Jiangxi Province), to continue to survive! The army of Yuzhang County (present-day Nanchang City, Jiangxi Province) continued to survive.