Love And Jealousy

"Let's sit down first," I said, pulling him to sit on the bed with me, facing each other.

"My first question, how do you know what I'm thinking?"

He pondered for a moment, "We're connected, so I have access to your mind and heart."

He smiled, placing his index finger on my chest. "I know what you think about, our hearts are connected."

He pulled away, and my eyes widened in surprise.

"How is that possible?" I asked.

"When a white wolf develops feelings for a full human and mates with her, he gains access to her mind and body, making her his possession. But it's different when he does it with  his own kind, they don't connect with each other the way I do with you."

I felt my cheeks grow hot. "So, you know what I'm thinking?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper.

"What about the heart? Do you know how the other person feels?" I inquired, my heart racing with anticipation.

"Yes," he replied, his eyes locked on mine.

I felt my heart skip a beat. Does that mean...?

"I want you to say it directly to me," he said, his voice gentle.

"Say what?" I asked, trying to sound nonchalant.

"You love me," he replied, his gaze piercing.

"Huh? Uhm, some other time, not now," I looked away, trying to avoid his intense stare.

"I won't force it, I'll wait," he said, his hand brushing against my cheek. I couldn't meet his eyes, feeling so fluttery.

"Next question," I raised my head, trying to compose myself.

"Why did you pick me? I'm not that pretty, and I don't know how to read and write. I have so many flaws, yet you chose me. Why?" I felt a pang of sadness.

"None of those things matter," he said, "What matters is how I feel for you, and that feeling developed the first time we met. I've made up my mind, and it's you who I want."

I fought back tears, determined not to cry. I'm a strong girl.

"I'm sure you said that to other girls," I said, trying to sound casual.

"Are you jealous?" He chuckled, his eyes sparkling with amusement.

I furrowed my brows. "No, who's jealous? I'm not."

"Forget it, I don't want to know," I said, standing up from the bed.

"I don't care. It's your choice," I turned to walk away, but he pulled me back by my wrist, and I fell onto his chest, his arms holding me tight.

"Let me go!" I struggled to free myself.

"I've had girlfriends in the past, but I haven't said any of that to them. You are different, and I love you," he said.

"Girlfriends? Does that mean you slept with them?"

"No," he laughed. "We only kissed and went on dates."

"You kissed other girls before me?" I asked, feeling a twinge of jealousy.

"Yes."

"Uhm, okay. I want to sleep now." I felt both angry and sad at the same time.

"You're not hungry anymore?" he asked, concern evident in his voice.

"You know what I think anyway, so you should know."