Departure

I woke up slowly, my body feeling relaxed from the comfortable night's sleep.

I've never felt this relaxed before!

Stretching my limbs, I glanced around the room before standing up.

I walked over to the wall, then climb up on the chair and reached for my thick jacket that I had hung on the big white lamp the night before.

Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door.

I stepped down from the chair and put on my jacket.

"Knock! Knock! Knock!" The knock continued.

I made my way towards the door and reached for the knob.

Opening the door, I saw Mariam standing there, dressed in a black top and jeans.

She looked different, more relaxed than usual, and she also smelled amazing.

Where did she get these clothes from?

"Hey," she greeted me with a smile.

"Hello," I responded.

"Here!"

Mariam extended her arm, holding out some clothing, a long thing with its top part hairy? and a pink squary thing towards me.

"Some people brought it for us this morning. Take your bath and put on these clothes. I'll bring the food while you do so."

I was hesitant to accept them from Mariam.

Why would they send us clothes, despite knowing the fact we considered them as enemies?.

I hesitated, still confused.

"Take it," Mariam urged me, her voice gentle.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, so take it!"

"Okay."

I took the clothing materials and the other things she brought from her with a nod of thanks.

"What are these this things?" I asked, raising the long thing and square thing for her to see.

"Oh that, you use the long one to scrub your teeth, I already placed some paste on it, so you scrub your teeth and rinse it out with water.

The other one is just like the one we use in bathing back home. Pour some water on your body and rub it on you."

"Hmm okay," I said softly, still feeling uncomfortable about the whole situation.

"Go now, I'll be waiting for you then," Mariam said before turning to walk away, leaving me standing in the doorway.

I closed the door then turned around and walked to the bed

I gently placed the clothes on the bed, ready to take my bath and scrub my teeth.

I walked into the bathroom with the long thing and did as Mariam told me to do with it.

After that, I stepped out and placed it on the desk, then headed to the wardrobe, where the towel was.

Getting there, I opened it and pulled out the towel, then walked over to the bathroom, clutching the pink bar of soap, with the brown, big, soft towel draped over my arm.

I pushed open the door and stepped in, gazing around.

Carefully, I stripped off my worn clothes and placed them outside the bathroom, then shut the door.

There was a towel rack on the wall which I hung the towel on.

I reached for the knob on the wall and twisted it, feeling the rush of cold water cascading down on me.