Jealousy

I stepped out of my room after some moments to myself, making my way to the elevator for the fifth floor.

As I stepped out of the elevator and into the living room, I was immediately struck by the sight of Liam lounging on the couch with three other men. I tried to ignore them, making a beeline for the exit, but my attempt at avoidance was foiled when one of them spoke up.

"Who's she?" he asked.

I turned to face them, my brow furrowed in annoyance. Liam's gaze was fixed on me, his eyes distant and unreadable. The other men were looking in my direction, their faces a blur of interest and suspicion.

"Somebody," Liam replied.

The man who had spoken earlier snorted. "What do you mean? She doesn't dress like the rest. Why's that?"

My anger flared at their intrusive questions, but I bit back my retort. What's wrong with these people?, Why do they talk such nonsense?

One of the men chuckled. "Your special somebody?" he asked, his tone laced with innuendo.

Liam's gaze still remained on me. "My wife."

"Huh? Who's your wife? We don't have anything to do with each other." I yelled, diverting my gaze to the one who asked the question.

"He's lying. Don't believe him."

He only chuckled, his eyes roving over me like a predator sizing up its prey. "A feisty one, eh? I like her already."

Liam's expression turned glacial, his eyes narrowing. "Stay away. She's mine."

The man raised his hands in mock surrender, but his eyes never left mine. "Easy there. If there's a chance you don't want her anymore, I'll take her."

"Huh?" I spoke up. "There's no way I'd want to be with any of you. I have far more important things to do. So I'll be on my way now" I stormed out of the mansion, heading towards the garden, where I could already see Jackson.

  "Jackson?, How did you get in?. I was coming to meet you" I rushed over, embracing him in a tight hug.

  We pulled away. "I don't have much time, I'll be leaving soon. It's about what I told you yesterday. Did you forget?" He asked, his body language reflecting that of impatience.

   "I didn't" I replied, my heart pounding in realization to what he meant.

  "Good. You don't need to worry about anything, I'll come get you by midnight, so be ready" he gently held me by my shoulders, my gaze drifting to the grassy ground.

  "What's wrong?" He asked, noticing my sudden expression.

  I glanced up at him, my brows slightly furrowed. "I just feel like this isn't right. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I don't think I can't go on with this anymore. It's best we return back home" I said.

  "What do you mean by that, Layla?" he asked, his voice breaking. "We made it this far and you want us to back out that easily" his voice raised slightly.

  "No, it just that..."

   "Just that what layla?" He frowned, taking in my expression. "wait, don't tell me you've fallen in love with him" he said.

  I suddenly felt a surge of anger. 
  "Why would you say that?" I asked, releasing myself from his grip.

  "Well it looks like it, cos why else wouldn't you feel the need to do this anymore?. Why do you insist on giving up?. You made us leave our homes to come here in order for us to take this step of vengeance." He paused "just so you could be with him?"