Our Mission

Layla's POV

I slowly awaken to the sunlight, filtering through my window, coaxing me to open my eyes.

With a gentle yawn, I stretch my limbs and inhale the morning air that flowed through the open window.

I stood up and made my way to the kitchen, where the comforting sight of my mother greeted me

"Good morning, Ma," I said

"Hmm," she responded as she busied herself in the kitchen.

Taking an apple from a bowl on the wooden counter, I retreated to my room, planning to get ready for the day.

As soon as I entered my room, I opened my wardrobe, fingers gliding over the familiar fabrics.

I selected my usual style of attire - a pair of Palazzo pants, a fitted sleeveless top, and a long-sleeved jacket.

Completing my dressing with a pair of comfortable boots.

I freshened up and headed to the living room for breakfast.

My mother had already set my breakfast on our small wooden table. She's so caring.

I walked over to a chair and Sat contentedly, savoring each bite of the delicious freshly baked bread my mother had prepared.

The aroma of the warm bread fills the room as I wash it down with a sip of hot cocoa.

"Knock knock knock!" a sudden knock on the door stopped me in my tracks.

I set my breakfast aside and made my way to answer the door.

Not to my surprise, it is Mariam, my neighbor and close friend, standing on the doorstep in her flay gown, and her blonde hair packed in form of a pony tail, her face beaming with excitement.

"Hey Layla, guess what?" Mariam exclaimed.

"What is it?" I asked, eager to hear the news.

"I just spotted a boat out at sea, heading towards the village."

My eyes widened in surprise at the unexpected revelation.

Without hesitation, I turned back towards the kitchen where my mother was still busy with something.

"Ma, I'll be out for a moment,"

She nodded understandingly. "Okay dear, take care," she replied.

I quickly made my way out of the house, closing the door behind me with a gentle click.

With Mariam leading the way, I followed closely as we hurried towards the shore, where some of my friends were already gathered.

"You said you saw a boat heading there, right?" I inquired, my eyes scanning the sea.

"Hmm," Mariam nodded.

Olivia, Cathy, and Noona, three other friends of mine, approached the group, their faces reflecting concern.

Mariam greeted them with a smile.

"Hello, did you see the boat earlier today?" Cathy asked.

"I did. It was heading to the village," Mariam responded, sounding slightly worried.

"Yeah, I saw it too. What do we do now?" Olivia chimed in.

I paused for a moment, deep in thought, "We go there," I boldly said.

The three of them turned to me in surprise, "Huh?" Noona questions, her brow furrowed.

"Yes, we go there," I repeated.