Chapter 62

SALVATORE SCHOOL-HOPE AND AUDREY'S DORM-DAY
[Hope is sitting on bed and reading book when Lizzie enters.]
Hope: Hi. [Hope closes the book and stands up.]
Lizzie: Hi. Knock yourself out. [Lizzie gives Hope the crystal.]
Lizzie: The first time's kind of freaky, because you're basically talking to your subconscious.
Hope: Thanks. This is for you. [Hope gives Lizzie a book.]
"What's that?" Asked Elijah. Hope pointed at screen.
Hope: I saw your dad reading it. He keeps it locked up in his office, so it's bound to have something about that Merge thing Josie's looking for.
Lizzie: For once, your weird relationship with my dad actually comes in handy.
Hope: Right. Uh, just be careful. If your dad's hiding something, I'm sure it's for a good reason.
Lizzie: I'm sure I can handle it, whatever it is. I just have this feeling that everything is gonna work out just fine. Can you feel it? It's like the whole school is vibrating. [Hope leaves.]
SALVATORE SCHOOL-GROUNDS- NEAR WATER-DAY
[Hope places crystall down. Landon's hollogram shows up.]
Landon: Hey there.
Hope: Hey.
Landon: Are you okay?
Hope: Yeah. Yeah. Sorry. Um... this is my first time talking to a magical hologram.
Landon: Hologram? What do you mean, a hologram?
"It doesn't know?" Asked confused Hayley. Hope chuckles.
Landon: What does that mean? That I'm not real? What are you talking about? [Hope looks worried, but then Landon laughs.]
Hope: Oh, my God, don't do that.
Landon: Sorry. You just seemed tense. I was trying to break the ice.
Hope: Well, at least I know this is a pretty accurate version of you.
"Well, it's your subconscious." Said Davina.
Landon: You can thank yourself for that, I guess. You had something you wanted to say to me?
Hope: Yeah. Um... I should have told you about your mom and-and the whole thing earlier. I mean, I was just trying to protect you from being hurt. So I just wanted to say that I'm sorry if I hurt you.
"This is even worse than Damon's apology." Laughed Stefan. Damon glared at him. Hope bkushes in emberassment.
Landon: What, that's it? You're "sorry if I hurt you"?
Hope: I am.
Landon: Okay, then I accept your apology if you're actually sorry.
Hope: What's your problem?
Landon: I mean, do you seriously think that speech would have worked on me?I mean, come on, that's not what you actually wanted to say.
Hope: How would you know?
Landon: Because I am you, remember?
Hope: (Sighs) Fine. Then you tell me what it is that I want to say, and I'll say it.
Landon: That's not how this works, Hope. You have to listen.
Hope: Listen to what? [Landon disappears.]
Hope: Even fake you is infuriating.
"At least, you realise that." Said Audrey. Hope punches her arm.
TRIAD BUILDING-DAY
[Landon is looking at book.]
Landon: God! How can something that's basically a mud robot be my father?
Clarke: Because it didn't stay a golem. With each monster's DNA it absorbed... it evolved. Eventually, it became sentient... aware. He was truly alive. And when the region was cleared of all the monsters, the Triad wanted to return him back to mud. Since they were the ones who created him, only they could destroy him. All they needed to do was wipe away the symbol on his forehead.
"I'm guessing it didn't work." Said Marcel.
"You would be right." Said Hope.
FLASHBACK
[Malivore is kneeling. Woman tries to erase symobol, but Malivore catches her hand.]
Clarke: (O.C.) But he betrayed his creators. He made a deal with all the humans he'd saved. [Humans attack.]
"How did they remember that Malivore saved them?" Asked Klaus. Audrey and Hope shurgged.
Clarke: (O.C.) They could not let their new god be taken from them. The humans set him free to wander the earth and continue consuming, erasing all memory that the monsters ever existed. But over time...
FLASHBACK
[Malivore sculptures his children.]
Clarke: (O.C.) ...like Adam in the Garden of Eden, he realized he was alone. So he did what all creations eventually do. Create. He fashioned beings like him. His children.
"So he just sculptured children by parts of himself that is a litteral mud?" Said Freya in disbelief.
"Yep." Said Hope.
Clarke: (O.C.) A lineage that could...
TRIAD BUILDING-PRESENT- DAY
Landon: Man... You were doing so good up until that part. I was almost into it, as far as origin stories go, but you're asking me to believe that I'm a magical mud man with implanted memories.
Clarke: Quite the opposite. You see... all the children he fashioned were imperfect. Flawed.
Audrey looks disapproving of how Clarke talks.
Clarke: None of them had his powers. All of them had weaknesses and all were sterile, unable to reproduce and continue his legacy. He was created to be the only one of his kind. He was never intended to be a species or have a bloodline of his own. But... he found a way to reproduce biologically. To have a son who was part human. A son who was perfect.
"Malivore is such a dick." Said Audrey.
Clarke: A son who could live forever and continue the species. You are what he's been trying to create his entire life.
SALVATORE SCHOOL-LIVING ROOM-DAY
[Lizzie is sitting on sofa, holding Alaric's book Hope gave her. Josie walks by and Lizzie moves her book with her so Josie can see. Josie doesn't even glance at her.]
Salvatores look at them with frowns.
[Lizzie shuts the book, stands up and holds book out to Josie.]
Lizzie: I was trying to be all coy. Here. It's a secret book from Dad's study... I know you're looking into this Merge crap, so I just want a little credit for helping.
Josie: Did you stop to think that maybe I didn't want your help, that maybe I wanted something, anything that was entirely my own?
"What does it have to do with it?" Asked Davina.
Lizzie: Is this about having separate rooms? That's fine, okay? Just take Penelope's.
Josie: You seriously still don't get it. This isn't about needing space. This is about every waking moment of my life being suffocated by you. We shouldn't just have our own rooms. We should have our own lives. We should be our own people.
"Yes, but it shouldn't stop you from being sisters." Sighed Caroline
TRIAD BUILDING-DAY
Landon: You know, I've told my fair share of lies, and the best lie is one that someone already wants to believe. And you're asking me to believe that the father that I've been looking for for years has actually been searching for me? Why should I believe you?
"So Landon want to believe that Malivore is his father? I wouldn't." Said Caroline.
Clarke: Because I was there. Over the years, his attempts at children became more refined, indistinguishable from humans. Our father is a very gifted artist.
"Our?" Asked everyone except Mikaelson twins.
Landon: Our father?
Clarke: Yes... little brother. Like I said...
FLASHBACK
[Clarke stands up from mud. He is one of the children Malivore sculptured and he is standing in front of Malivore.]
Clarke: (O.C.) ...I was there.
"That explains why he is trying to bring Malivore back." Said Elijah.
SALVATORE SCHOOL-LIZZIE ANDJOSIE'S DORM-DAY
[Lizize walks into the room.]
Lizzie: Breathe. Stay calm. [Lizzie's magic knocks over shelf.]
Lizzie: (voice craking) No, no, don't do this. [Lizzie takes the bowl, but magic breaks it. Lizzie throws it on bed. Audrey walks in.]
"I heard noise and lights were flickering, so i guessed ut was witchy mental break down." Said Audrey.
Audrey: Hey, are you okay?
Lizzie: Stay back. It's fine. It'll pass.  Just...
Audrey: What should i do? Do you need me to call Alaric or Josie?
"You helped her." Said surprised Marcel.
"I made a promise. And even if i didn't, i wouldn't leave someone, who is in that condition alone." Said Audrey.
Lizzie: (screams) No! [Magic turns the lighs off.]
Audrey: Okay. Okay. I won't call them.
Lizzie: I just, I need to find out what this Merge thing is, okay? I feel like it's a spell that she's gonna use to just leave or break us up or something!
"Oh, honey." Said Caroline. She hates how much her daughters are suffering and she isn't there, she can't help them.
[Audrey takes Lizzie's hands and helps her to sit.]
Audrey: All right, deep breaths. Deep breaths. I'll call my Uncle Kol... He'll know something about... that thing.
Lizzie: Merge.
Audrey: The Merge. Okay.
Lizzie: Okay. Okay. [Audrey stands awkwardly as Lizzie takes deep breaths to calm herself.]
SALVATORE SCHOOL-LIVING ROOM-DAY
[Josie is sitting in armchair and reading Alaric's book. Audrey approaches her.]
Audrey: Hey.
Josie: What do you want?
Audrey: Me? Nothing from you, but your sister? I think some sort of crash is brewing.
Josie: Then you should stay away.
Audrey: Look, I know that you're mad at her, but... she's still your sister, and she really needs your help.
"Why are you trying to help her, demon's spawn?" Asked Damon. Audrey ignores him.
Josie: Why? She did this to herself.
"Josette Olivia Saltzman!" Scoldled Caroline.
Audrey: What? She can't control her brain chemistry.
Josie: She can choose to take her medication. She hasn't taken it since we saw her mom, because she doesn't like the way that it makes her feel. So she tried magical bracelets and releasing her inner bitch and then distracting herself with Miss Mystic Falls, but all of that is just delaying the inevitable. Letting her crash is the only way anything will ever change.
"You shouldn't talk about your sister like that." Said Caroline. Damon glares at Josie. Stefan looks disappointed by Josie.
Audrey: (laughs) And people call you the good sister.
Audrey: Listen here, Josie, i'm trying to be nice because of promise i made to my sister, so i will try to put it as nicely i can. What you are doing and how you treat your sister's illness is horrible. First spreading rumors about her illness because of your jaleousy,  then blaming her for her brain chemistry, something she can't control. You are being really terrible sister.
"That's you being nice?" Asked Stefan.
"Obviously." Said Audrey.
Josie: (annoyed) Since when did you became best friends?
Audrey: I let you finish what you had to say. I deserve the same respect.
Klaus looks proud of how compoised Audrey is.
Audrey: Back to what i was saying. You blame her for her mental illness and your defence is that she should just take medicine and shut it? Mental illness isn't a joke and it isn't as easy as you put it, Josette. [Josie tries to speak again, but Audrey raises her hand and gives Josie a look to shut it.]
Audrey: You say she doesn't take medicine because she doesn't like how it makes her feel. Have you ever sat down and thought why is that? That maybe medicine makes her feel like she isn't herself?
Everyone looks at Audrey.
"I have read few people talking about it in social media." Said Audrey.
Audrey: And those magical bracelet were her trying another way. Lizzie is trying to change. How can me who hate her see that, but you, her sister not?
Josie: (scrowls) I tried to be there for her. It didn't work out.
Audrey: I get that being her sister isn't easy. Relationships rarely are, but she's your sister and she needs your help. [Before Josie says anything, Audrey continues.]
Audrey: I also get that you are the one who has to always go on compromise and it is insuferable. I never claimed her to be an angel. The way she treats you or Hope or generally how she acts most of the time isn't right. I never liked her and probably never will, but she's your sister, your family and family can be messed up and complicated, but it is always and forever.
Mikaelsons smile at Audrey.
Audrey: So instead of ignoring her, spreading rumors, blaming her for her mental illness and all that stuff, you should try to talk it out?
Josie: She is selfish and doesn't let me have my life! She is suffocating me.
Audrey: From what i have seen Lizzie isn't the one pushing you in shadows, you are the one doing it to yourself. You willingly do it to yourself, so Lizzie doesn't notice what the problem is in that. If you expressed what you don't like in her treatment, then maybe your relationship wouldn't come to this. Lizzie cares about you and wants to fix this, she is trying. So just talk to her.
"When did you turn into therapist?" Joked Hope.
"I'm woman of many talents." Said Audrey.
[Audrey stands up and walks away without looking back or waiting for Josie's response.]