Chapter 40

SALVATORE SCHOOL-GYM-DAY
[Rafael is punching punching bag. Audrey walks in.]
Audrey: Hey.
Rafael: Hey. I'm almost done here. (Chuckles) I'll get out your way.
Audrey: You know, no, actually, I could use a sparring partner.
"I thought you hated him." Said Marcel.
"I don't hate easily. Dislike? Almost everyone. But hate? It's too strong of a feeling and there is only few people i can say i hate." Said Audrey.
"Who?" Asked Klaus.
"Inadu, Malivore, Ken, etc." Said Audrey.
"Who is Ken?" Asked Klaus.
"You'll see." Answered Audrey.
Audrey: If I don't punch someone, I'm gonna lose my mind. [Audrey saw Rafael's look and explained.]
Audrey: Bad day.
Rafael: Yeah. All right. [Rafael and Audrey spar. Audrey holds him with his hand behind him.]
Audrey: You are werewolf, you have werwelf strength and your senses are much stronger than humans, use them. [Audrey lets him go and they start fighting again.]
Audrey: You are using only your arms. Use your legs, too. [Rafael swings his leg to Audrey's side, but Audrey caughes and throws Rafael away.]
Audrey: Before you make a move, you should already have an idea about your opponents move.
"You are training him?" Asked Freya.
"I'm pointing out his mistakes, so he can fix them." Said Audrey.
"So training." Said Davina.
"Yeah. I guess." Said Audrey.
[Rafael stands up and they go on fighting. Audrey manages to defeat Rafael again and ends up top on him.]
Audrey: (chuckles) It was better.
"I don't like this." Glared Klaus. So did other Mikaelson men. Audrey looks at them amused.
[Audrey gets off Rafael and they lay on floor.]
Audrey: Sorry for going hard on you. Like i said i had a horrible day and i really needed that. [Rafael sits up and so does Audrey.]
Rafael: Listen... I don't mean to get in your business, but... be cool with Landon and tell your sister to do the same, okay? I know him, and he's not gonna believe that he's welcome here until he's about to graduate. He's gonna be waiting on the other shoe to drop. And look, if-if your sister's gonna drop that shoe, all I ask is that her... her to be gentle, okay?
"Why is he talking only about Hope?" Asked Elijah.
"Because Landon has thing for Hope, obviously." Said Audrey.
Audrey: What makes you think that there's another shoe?
Rafael: Where we're from, there's always another shoe. Sometimes it's-it's an actual shoe or... a belt. But you get the point.
Klaus and Damon look at him symathetically at that.
Audrey: I'm sorry you had to go through that. [Rafael nods.]
Rafael: Look, if your sister has been cooling off on him, fine. But just don't let her lie to him.
Audrey: Sorry, but it's neither mine or your business. Let them figure it out themselves.
"Thank you." Said Hope.
"Of course." Said Audrey.
[Rafael stands up to leave, but stops in mid way and turns around.]
Rafael: Listen, I'm sorry about the way i acted with you and pack. I shouldn't have challenged you or try to use them. I just did what i thought was right and would help Landon. I'm sorry.
"He apologised? Impressive. The most men don't." Said Hayley.
"Yeah. He seems good guy." Agreed Caroline.
[Audrey smiles.]
Audrey: Thank you for apology. Many wouldn't admit. (Her smile falls) But i can't bring you back. If even i go against my own words, why should others listen to me? I'm truly sorry, but i really can't--
"Understandable." Said Marcel.
[Rafael nods awkwardly, he looks sad.]
Rafael: (interrupts) Yeah, i get it... I should go. [Rafael leaves.]
SALVATORE SCHOOL-LIBRARY-DAY
[Landon is in Library, reading books.]
SALVATORE SCHOOL-CORRIDOR-DAY
[In corridor, Landon jogs to Alaric.]
Landon: Dr. Saltzman. [Alaric turns around.]
Alaric: "Dr. Saltzman, I have changed my mind. I've decided to take you up on your offer and get the hell out with every other sane person here."
Landon: No, actually, I took your advice and I stayed busy, and I think I found something.
Alaric: (Sighs) Let's pretend for a second that the research isn't wrong.
SALVATORE SCHOOL-LIBRARY-DAY
[Landon leads Alaric, Hope and Audrey in library.]
Landon: Maybe the Night Hag can't hurt us in real life. Maybe the Night Hag can't leave the astral plane and get a hold of the urn, so maybe we are not dealing with a Night Hag.
"It makes more sense." Admitted Elijah.
Alaric: Well, if it walks like a Night Hag, and talks like a Night Hag, what else could it be?
Landon: That's exactly what I was wondering, so then I started going through all these books, and boom. [Landon shows them a book.]
Hope: What's an Oneiroi?
Audrey: It's a black-winged shapeshifting dream demon from Greek mythology.
"I love myths." Defended Audrey.
Landon: Yeah, of course she knows what it is.
Hope: Why would one creature disguise itself as another creature? The Oneiroi sounds freaky enough.
"So you can't know their weakness." Said Klaus.
Audrey: It's obvious, isn't it? So we don't know their weakness.
Klaus and Audrey smile at saying similar thing.
SALVATORE SCHOOL-8P.M.
[Kaleb, Jed, Lela, Audrey, Hope, Landon, Rafael and MG are in room.]
Kaleb: A black-winged what?
Hope&Landon: Shapeshifting dream demon. [Hope and Audry share a look.]
Hope: I know it sounds bad, but now that we know what the creature is, we can fight it.
Rafael: How the hell are we supposed to kill a dream demon?
Hope: Leave that part to me.
"Why can't you just stay away from danger?" Sighed Hayley.
"Said the woman who slept with and got pregnant from the most feared and powerfull man." Said Audrey. Some chuckle.
Hope: But since I can't fall asleep without compromising the location of the urn, I need someone else to pull it out of the dream plane and into our waking reality.
MG: So, Freddy Krueger. Like I said.
Rafael: Wait, how the hell are we supposed to do that?
MG: If it's anything like the movies, we just grab and pull.
"So you base your strategy on movie?!" Said Klaus.
"It worked before and it worked now, too." Defended Hope.
Kaleb: Yeah, okay. Is it too late to get on the, uh, evacuation bus?
Hope: No. I mean, I'm not gonna ask all of you to stay for this, it has to be your choice.
Landon: I'm not leaving unless Hope does.
Mikaelsons glare at him.
Hope: We already know the answer to that, so...
Audrey: I don't run from fight and some stupid hag can't scare me.
Rafael: I'm not leaving Landon behind.
MG: I'm a founding member of the Super Squad, so I can't bail.
Lela: I'm Audrey's left hand. I won't leave her.
"She's your left hand?" Asked Hayley. Audrey nods.
"That explains why she's always around." Said Davina.
Jed: I'm her right hand and i'll excpecially not leave her.
Audrey: You don't have to--
Jed&Lela: We know.
Kaleb: Y'all gonna get yourselves killed.
(Sighs) But if MG stays, I stay. No child left behind.
Hope: In that case, it's naptime.
SALVATORE SCHOOL-ALARIC'S OFFICE-10 P.M.
[Alaric takes urn to hide it away.]
Hope: Hey, what are you doing?
Alaric: What any rational, adult caretaker of children should be doing. We found out how to kill the Night Hag, and now I'm taking the urn as far away as possible to do just that.
"Good. For once he isn't putting children in danger." Said Hayley.
Hope: But we already have a whole plan.
Alaric: Yeah. A plan that puts you and your fellow students in the direct line of danger.
Hope: I didn't even tell you where I hid the urn.
Alaric: Yeah, well, you didn't have to. I found it, in the safe with the Mikaelson crest that you built under the floorboards of your closet.
"Why does he know that? Unless... He searched our dorm! I'll kill that bastard." Said Audrey.
Alaric: Like I said earlier, it is my job to take care of all of you, and that's exactly what I'm doing right now.
Hope: No, you're doing that thing that you do. Waving your adult card around, forgetting that it means you're a father of two. You're fallible. You're human. You can be killed.
"All true. He's useless and i'm sure he wouldn't be able to protect urn for even one hour if we weren't there." Said Audrey.
Alaric: I've also been kicking supernatural ass longer than you've been alive. [Alaric leaves.]
"Is he comparing baby vampires and Malivore creatures?" Said Audrey in disbelief.
ALARIC'S DREAM-ALARIC'S CAR-NIGHT
[Alaric is leaving city. He records voicemail for Josie and Lizzie.]
Alaric: Hey, girls. I'm guessing you're with your mother, taking your exams. Hers are much harder than mine, so you're probably wishing you'd stayed behind to fight the latest Malivore creature. About that: I've done something very smart. Or very dumb. And if it doesn't work out, you're gonna be really upset with me. Just know that I love you both very much.
Salvatores look at Alaric worried.
SALVATORE SCHOOL-ALARIC'S OFFICE-NIGHT
[Hope enters the room and sees Alaric is sleeping at table. Landon walks up to her and sees Alaric.]
Landon: What'd you do to him?
Hope: Nothing. He's so tired, he must've nodded off on his own.
"So that was dream." Said Elijah.
SALVTIRE SCHOOL-GYM-NIGHT
Kaleb: Hey, man, whatever you see in there, it's not real, okay?
MG: Oh, I know. I've already faced my worst nightmares in that cemetery, so bring it on, Hag.
Hope: Landon, I don't think you should do this.
Landon: No. Uh-uh. You don't get to ignore me all day, then make decisions for me.
Hope: You're gonna be inside of a nightmare.
Landonv Yeah.
Hope: This creature can get inside of your head, use your worst fears against you.
Landon: Are you kidding? My biggest fear was fitting in here. (Laughs) Now I'm a dream warrior. Plus, I saved the day. Well, I... No, I found the plan that saved the day. You're the one that's actually gonna save the day. Which is so sexy, by the way. [Lela glances at them, looking jaelous.]
Klaus, Kol and Marcel glare at Landon.
Audrey: (glares) Watch it, Kirby!
"I love how protective Audrey is." Chuckled Davina.
Landon: (to Hope) I'm staying, and I'm gonna help you stop this thing. 
Hope; I don't know what it's gonna take to stop it. But maybe there's one thing that you can do to help me.(Whispering) I need you to hide the urn. Sweet dreams.
"What?" said confused people.
Audrey: (to Jed and Lela) Last chance. Are you ready?
Lela: I was born ready.
Jed: Of course, honey. [Jed winks.]
Audrey: Okay. Be careful and remember. This is all just a dream.
ALARIC'S DREAM- ALARIC'S CAR-NIGHT
[Alaric can't get past Mstic falls.]
Alaric: This is all just a bad dream. [Alaric pushes the pedal. Oneiroi appears in back seat of the car.]
Oneiroi: You know what I need. [Alaric raises speed.]
Alaric: Rise and shine! [Alaric hits the tree with car.]
SALVATORE SCHOOL-ALARIC'S OFFICE-NIGHT
[Alaric wakes up gasping.]
"Smart." Said Damon.
"Is he okay? What happens in dream effects in real life,too and he just was in car accident." Said Caroline worried.