Chapter 53

SALVATORE SCHOOL-CORRIDOR-NIGHT
[Alaric knocks on door. Kaleb opens it.]
Kaleb: What's up? [Kaleb is wearing PJs.]
Kaleb: What?
Alaric: Uh... [Alaric clears his throat.]
Kaleb: Did you find my boy?
"My boy? Cute." Said Caroline.
Alaric: Uh, no.
Kaleb: I thought you said... and I quote... "Everything'll be fine. I'll handle it."
Alaric: Yeah. That's why I'm here. I need your help. And so does MG.
SALVATORE SCHOOL-RAFAEL'S DORM-NIGHT
[Emma takes out needles.]
Hope: What's with the needles?
Emma: Sedatives. Sleep isn't really a priority. But safety is. [Audrey enters room.]
Emma: Rafael told me why you couldn't track them. Penelope Park aided them in a cloaking spell before she left for break.
"Oh. So he is alive." Said relieved Hayley.
Rafael: Said it was gift for dumping Lizzie on her birthday.
"Why weren't me and Penelope freinds again?" Said Audrey.
"You didn't like Saltsmans and she was dating Josie. And she once accidentally ruined your dress." Said Hope.
"Oh, right." Said Audrey.
Audrey: Great. Then what happened?
FLASHBACK-STREET-DAY
[Landon, Rafael and MG are walking in street. Mg has his face covered.]
MG: For the record, I didn't know that grand theft auto was a part of the plan.
Lanson: No, it's not stealing if you return it.
"I'm pretty sure it still is." Said Davina.
"No, it isn't." Said Audrey and Kol.
MG: Yeah, well, tell that to Dr. Saltzman.
Landon: You got some vicious street gangs around here.
MG: Why do you think we parked in an alleyway? Everyone thinks I'm dead. I can't be seen here. [They see billboard of MG's father. He's running for mayor.]
Rafael: You never mentioned your dad was a politician.
MG: He's not. At least he wasn't.
Landon: He's running for mayor?
MG: Maybe Raf's right... maybe this is a mistake.
"Maybe. But he can't know that until he talks to his dad." Said Hayley.
Landon: No, the truth is never a mistake. (Sighs) Took me a long time to figure that out. [Landon knocks on door.]
SALVATORE SCHOOL-RAFAEL'S DORM-NIGHT/PRESENT
Rafael: (yells) Landon! No!
Emma: It's happening again. Hand me the syringe.
Hope: Wait, he's about to tell us what happened to Landon.
Emma: And if he stays in this state any longer, it'll be that much harder to pull him out.
Rafael: (yells) Landon! Run! [Rafael starts grunting and panting. Audrey goes to get syringe. Hope goes to Rafael.]
"What happened to him?" Asked Freya to no one in particular.
Hope: Raf! Hey, it's okay. Tell me who's running after Landon. Please. Who's chasing Landon? [Audrey gives syringe to Emma. Emma stabs Rafael in neck. Rafael is about to faint.]
Rafael: (whispers) A monster.
"What? But they already have urn." Said Kol.
"Perhaps they want Landon. Both of the Malivore keys acticated when Landon touched. Maybe they need him to activate the tird." Said Klaus.
SALVATORE SCHOOL-RAFAEL'S DORM-DAY
[Hope, Audrey and Emma are looking at sleeping Rafael.]
Hope: It doesn't make any sense. Triad has the urn. There shouldn't be any more Malivore creatures, certainly none that made their way through Maryland.
"Exactly." Said Caroline.
Audrey: He's obviously confused.
Hope: We need to wake him up.
Emma: Sleep is the safest thing for him right now. Once he's out of this lunar cycle, we'll be able to recalibrate his brain more easily.
Audrey: We can't wait that long. My sister's boyfriend is missing and as much of an annoyence he is, Hope cares about him, so we need to help him.
Mikaelsons smile at Audrey.
"I love how she does absloutly anything for her sister." Said Caroline. Stefan agreed.
Hope: Rafael's the only one who knows where Landon and MG are. Plus, monster? [Audrey gave Hope look at the using of word monster.]
Emma: I heard. But as the closest thing this school has to a psychiatrist, my responsibility is to him. And to you. You and I talked a lot about triggers rooted in trauma.
"Not you?" Aksed Klaus to Audrey.
"I just walked out of her little sessions or if i had to stay, i just sat in silence until she let me go." Said Audrey. Hayley frowns.
"Why not talk to her?" Asked Freya.
"Have you talked to a therapist? You are basically life incarnation of Rapunzel." Said Audrey.
"Rapunzel?" Asked Freya.
"Evil witch kidnapping you from your family for your power and had you in isolation. Yeah, sounds like Rapunzel to me. It's triggered rooted trauma, so why don't you go to theraphy?" Said Audrey. Freya doesn't answer.
"That's what i thought." Said Audrey.
Hope: I don't need a therapist right now, Emma. I need answers.
Emma: And you'll get them when I do, causing the least amount of harm to Rafael as possible. [Hope sighs.]
FLASHBACK-MG'S PARENTS' HOUSE-DAY
Mrs. Greasley: I'm sorry, who are you and why are you here? [MG takes off glasses and steps out from Landon and Rafael's back.]
MG: Uh, hi, Mom.
Mrs. Greasley: (surprised) Milton. I wasn't expecting you.
"That's how she greets the son she hasn't seen like a year or something?" Said Caroline.
MG: It's spring break.
Mrs. Greasley: Yes, I know. But I thought we agreed it would be best for you to stay on campus.
Landon: Well... Uh, Mrs. Greasley, hi. I'm Landon Kirby. Uh, my brother Rafael and I, we're new at the school, and-and we didn't really have anywhere to go for spring break, so we sort of... uh, talked your son into a spontaneous road trip. Which now seems like it may have been a hasty decision.
"It was." Said Elijah.
"Landon just wanted to give MG chance to fix his relationship with family." Defended Hayley.
MG: We obviously came at-at the wrong time, so I'll just say hi to Dad, uh, and we'll be on our way. Where's he at?
Mrs. Greasley: Your father is not here.
MG: He's...Running for mayor.
Mrs. Greasley: The governor thinks he has a great shot at winning.
"At least invite him in." Said annoyed Davina. So shitty mothers are her soft spot, sue her.
MG: Y'all know the governor now?
Mrs. Greasley: A lot has changed since you... died.
MG: Yeah. I can see that.
Mrs. Greasley: You know we love you very much, Milton. But the world thinks you're dead. If someone were to see you walking around in your old hometown...
MG: Then let us in. I just want to see Dad.
"Aww. He is so adorable." Said Caroline.
Mrs. Greasley: Your father doesn't want to see you. His faith is everything to him. And you know there's no room in his belief system for people dying and coming back to life.
Landon: Except for Jesus. And Lazarus.
Audrey, along with many others, bursts out laughing.
Mrs. Greasley: He'll come around. It's just gonna take some time for him to get used to the idea.
Rafael: That's his loss then. Let's-let's just go, man. Come on. [Rafael grabs MG's shoulder.]
Rafael: Come on. [They leave.]
PRESENT-MG'S PARENTS' HOUSE-DAY
Kaleb: Damn. When you said MG going home would be catastrophic, I expected Chernobyl, not Wisteria Lane.
"Usually that kind of cities are more catastrophic than Chernobyl." Said Audrey.
Alaric: Yeah, well, looks can be deceiving. Just... let me do the talking.[Alaric rings the bell. Mrs. Greasley opens the door.]
Mrs. Greasley: Dr. Saltzman.
Alaric: Veronica.
Kaleb: I'm Kaleb. [Kaleb holds out hand, which Mrs. Greasley ignores.]
"Rude." Muttered Audrey.
Mrs. Greasley: I assume you're here to apologize for my son showing up yesterday.
Alaric: Actually, we're here because he never returned to school. He's gone missing and... we're afraid he contacted his father.
Mrs. Greasley: Well, I can assure you that didn't happen.
Mr. Greasley: (O.C.) Veronica, who's at the door?
Mrs. Greasley: Uh, just a solicitor, dear. I'll be right in.
Alaric: So where'd MG go?
Mrs. Greasley: I don't know. But you're gonna find him. We may not be able to have him here with us, but he was supposed to be safe at your school. We had an arrangement, and I expect you to uphold it. [Mrs. Greasley closes the door.]
"Well, at least, she care about him." Said Freya.
Kaleb: An arrangement, huh? Good thing that don't sound suspicious. Hello? Why'd you bring me all this way if you're not gonna tell me anything? [Alaric calls Hope on phone and motions for Kaleb to quiet down.]
Hope: Did you find them?
Alaric: No, not yet. What did you learn?
Hope: Raf said they got attacked by a monster.
Alaric: Well, that's impossible.
"Is it?" Said Klaus and Hayley. Audrey and Hope chuckle.
Audrey&Hope: Is it?
Alaric: Where? And when?
Hope: I-I don't know. I don't know. Emma sedated him, and he's been sleeping it off for hours. But I have an idea. It's a family recipe from my mom's side, the Crescent Pack. Because they could control their turns at will, they had access to both sides of their minds. Me and Audrey are working on it.
"Interesting." Said Hayley.
Alaric: All right, well, do what you need to do. I've got to find MG before his father sees him.
SALVATORE SCHOOL-RAFAEL'S DORM-DAY
[Hope hungs up the call. Audrey helps Hope make elexir. Emma enters.]
Emma: Absolutely not.
Hope: This elixir has been in my family for years. Dr. Saltzman said that I...
Emma: Dr. Saltzman, bless him, is not a medical doctor. Nor am I. And most definitely neither are you two. The division between the two sides of Rafael's mind exists for a reason,  to protect his sanity and to...
Audrey: (interrupts) You said you aren't doctor, right? So keep your opinions to yourself. This might save two kids life.
Emma: By endagering Rafael's.
Hope: Emma, please. Obviously, something terrible happened. Landon and MG are out there somewhere.
Hayley holds Hope's hand. Hope smiles at her.
Emma: Do you think I'm not concerned about them? Of course I am.
Audrey: Then what are you doing to fix it? Nothing, but your psychological talks, so why don't you go give therapy to someone else and leave the saving my sister's boyfriend to us?
"Audrey! You are being rude. She's just trying to help, while making sure everyone is okay." Said Hayley.
"That's not how it works and you know it. There was more risk more time we wasted. God know when would Rafael be over his issuies. We needed to act." Said Audrey.
Emma: Audrey, I said no.
Audrey: Well, then good thing i don't take orders. [Audrey hits Emma in the side of the neck (she does it fast, so Emma couldn't react) and Emma gets knocked out.]
"Wow." Said Caroline.
"Cool. How did you do it?" Asked Davina.
"There is a place--" Audrey gets interrupted by Hayley.
"Audrey! You can't just knock out your teacher!" Scolded Hayley.
"She kinda did." Said Kol.
"Kol! Quiet!" Said Elijah.
"I was tring to save Landon and MG. She was in the way." Said Audrey.
"That doesn't give you right to knock her out. And she was right, it might bring lots of damage to Rafael." Said Hayley.
"He agreed." Defended Audrey.
[Rafael catches Emma before Audrey does. Rafael looks into Audrey's eyes, then Hope's.]
Rafael: Do what you got to do.