25. last act of obedience

"Wake up mako-chan!!" A tiny purple haired boy called while jumping on the royal bed

Makoto opened her eyes, smiling the moment her eyes met with her older brother "kuni nii-san, i missed you."

She hugged him and they both went outside to play. They didn't follow a certain schedule, and they were never bothered by ei rather than having to share the meals everyday with her or education process.

The rest of the day belonged to the little kids to play around. Makoto's favorite place was ei’s personal balcony. She always snuck into her room and not to mention, with kunikizushi’s help. In the end of the day they were caught by ei who came at night to have a good night sleep.

Hide and seek was their favorite game, the palace was so huge so they had to choose a limited area otherwise they couldn't find eachother. One time scaramouche hid so well that makoto ended up crying all day after searching for him for an hour or so.
Ei came to her rescue and they found scara under the big dining table. To their surprise he was also crying, thinking makoto left him behind.

"Next time, find a suitable place to hide you two. How about the library? It's big enough to hide there." Ei suggested.

Her suggestion was a huge success, they both had so much fun playing in the library and since the game needed to be performed silently, their existence never hurt anyone.

They were the most compatible siblings, even ei was somehow worried how good they get along, unfortunately those days never lasted long.

The more time passed by and the more siblings became older and wiser, Scaramouche's changed his behavior and mindset. He desired for bigger chances in life but makoto? She just wanted to stay at the palace and spend time with her family and loved ones. She appreciated her safe home, her comfort zone and her happy events each day, they never became boring for her.

Kunikuzushi on the other hand became someone who was hard to please. He eventually had enough of the life in palace and craved for more. He wanted to know what it feels like to live outside.

With his new mindset, he slowly became detached from her family especially makoto. The process was going so slow that it took makoto to long to realize.