1. the chosen one

(Y/N's p

(Y/N's p.o.v)

"Are you out of your mind? Why did you tell him?" Kaveh asked harshly, he probably wants to give me a slap so bad.
"What are you even talking about?" My soft voice never seem to change even when the person infront of me was bursting into anger.

Kaveh siged, deep down he hoped he didn't have to say this at the akademiya. Walls have ears though, especially in a crowded place like this "alhaitham signed up for the desert exploration team!"

I gave him my poker face. The desert exploration team was the new event being held by the akademiya in the desert. By the name of it i could easily understand a lot about it, this new event had required one student from each darshan to participate in it and two referees. It'll take place near the Aaru village, they put up camps and students team up together. Two people in one team is needed; the rules are simple, each team has three days to explore the unexplorable ruins of king deshret and put their heads together in order to find something precious and bring it back. If they find it sooner, then they can rest up 2 more days of their desert vacation in their camps. And about the winners, the team who had found the most luxurious item will be announced as the winner. Two darshans will win in this event though.

The excitement between the students couldn't be contained and since there were so many participants, they put a lottery. Me and my friend kaveh had signed up for it, hoping to be a lucky participant but i didn't understand why kaveh is blaming me for alhaitham's participation in a public akademiya event.

"So what? Are you suggesting I forced him to participate?"

"No, I'm saying he should've heard about me taking part and now he's joining!" Kaveh's insecurities are too much to bear for a carefree person like me.

"Look kaveh, first of all thank you for thinking I was the one who told alhaitham you took part so he can come and mock you more. You spilled those secrets while you were drunk at the tavern last night yourself." This time i frowned by his false accusation.

"WHAT? DID I SAY THAT?"

"second, stop going so crazy whenever his name shows up or he does something in his life. It's not always related to you, ok? Maybe he was curious to play a part in this famous event. Being pessimistic that he always follows you to make you look stupid will only change things for the worst." I ended the discussion in an instant, i didn't want to hurt his feelings. I said what needed to be said.