14. Romance

Tenshukaku, the greatest palace in the whole nation, the house of the almighty shogunate and her beloved followers

Tenshukaku, the greatest palace in the whole nation, the house of the almighty shogunate and her beloved followers. Today was a brand new day, i had a perfect sleep after taking a bath last night and kinda feel freshen up already early in the morning.

I stretched my arms and limbs, getting ready to embark on today's journey like usual, nothing special. Well i thought nothing special was coming so far.

First i set foot out of my room, i felt the emptiness of the whole palace. The people there were gone. Tenshukaku has always been filled with samurai, guards, staff and people placing commissions every now and then but today there was no one to be found.

At first i freaked out, thinking i might’ve reincarnated in another empty world or something that can be found in books which has the highest sale in the yae publishing house for the last two years. People enjoy these stories with a complicated plot and so did i.

Back to the matter at hand, i found myself running around the palace's huge terrific garden and spotted a guard near the entrance of the Tenryou commission. I sighed in relief for a second, realizing nothing terrifying happened. I mean who could i blame? Waking up one day and see the place you're living in is empty when everyday the hustle and bustle of the palace is intolerable.

Having gone towards the Tenryou commission, i asked the guard inside "um excuse me?"

He ignored my question, what a weirdo. I asked again making a fool out of myself "do you know why's no one here? Can i meet general kujou? Isn't she suppose to be here, giving us commissions?"

The samurai guard looked down at me and thought he'd better give me an answer otherwise i won't be leaving here soon "today is Tenshukaku's anniversary young lady and miss kujou is probably around the palace doing some hobbies of her own. Why do you want commission for today? Wait are you miss y/n? Lord kunikuzushi’s companion?"

I nodded and he apologized quickly "forgive me young lady y/n for not recognizing you."

I responded in a polite manner not making the guard feel ashamed "no worries! What is the Tenshukaku's anniversary?"
He raises an eyebrow, not believing what I've asked. Wait did i make a fool out of myself again? I mean i have no idea about everything going on around the palace, I've been here for only a month now!