16. Drown once, drown twice

I packed all my stuff and got ready to leave, it wasn't a permanent leave

I packed all my stuff and got ready to leave, it wasn't a permanent leave. It was just a short trip to Watatsumi Island.

This trip had been mentioned by the almighty shogun to scaramouche firstly and he on other hand had the responsibility of delivering goods too.
Our relationship is like I'm the one he's being obedient to while I'm obeying him every day and night. I have to follow wherever he goes and the halerious part is he thinks I'm the one running around.

"What a pain in the ass." I scolded myself.

"Wow impressive indeed y/n! Be careful with that tongue of yours when we're at the palace. Mom can't tolerate it at all!"

He crossed his arms while pointing out that I'm a jerk who curses when all he does 24/7 is cursing at everyone including objects in his way.

"Oh my! I'd never curse around our dear archon unlike someone here!"

He grinned, moving his head in denial and acting defenseless to show how unbothered he really is "whatever! She's my mom y/n, not yours."

He realized that he just triggered a sensitive spot in me that really cut so deep. The depth of its cut was unbelievably far yet felt so close to where my heart ached.

"Yes, you're right."

Scaramouche felt desperately guilty, he didn't mean to ruin this friendly atmosphere and transform it to a tension but reluctantly he did. His ego would never let him correct his mistakes, a problem that could always ruins one's trust.

Being too selfish to apologize when you're wrong is most likely the worst way to deal with these situations. To me it was pointless to act selfish when things turn out the way they shouldn't have but now it was Scaramouche's responsibility to correct himself and give me a heartfelt apology but he stayed quiet and tried his best not to meet my gaze.

'What a jerk! He has no sense of guilt, he has no sense at all! As if he's not a human.' When that thought crossed my mind for second time i hesitated a bit to think it through more while we both stood at the harbour waiting for the crux ship of miss beidou to arrive.