19. Last day

The main residence had an enormous area filled with the most expensive furniture ever exist in teyvat

The main residence had an enormous area filled with the most expensive furniture ever exist in teyvat. The background color were similar to kokomi's clothing. I sat on the chair waiting for her to return from her work.

Feeling unbothered by her invitation to meet up with me, i arrived early as a sign of respect. I mean i totally messed up when i punched one of her citizens infront of her. If she weren't kind enough, we would've ended up on bad terms with the island and i would've been responsible for this chaos out of Jealousy.

Kokomi not only forgave me but also healed me yesterday. I was certain i need to show her my sincere gratitude before we leave so without preparing gifts beforehand, i asked rachel what miss kokomi enjoys receiving as a gift.

She commented on books, in her point of view books are the only thing she treasures the most after her island. Luckily i brought some books from the Tenshukaku's library in case i need something to pass the time. In the end, without having anything else to wrap up as gift, i chose the book.

The book was a romance one i was planning to read but i guess it'll go unfinished now that I'm giving it to kokomi. I just hope she likes it and won't judge it, i mean what if she dislikes romance?
There's no way anyone would besides it's a gift! She's such a graceful lady, she'll accept it without second thought.

Our meeting was delayed and me who came even sooner than the expected time had to look around like idiots, living in boredom. A few minutes passed and kokomi finally decided to show up. She smiled nicely and took a seat infront of me.

"I hope I'm not late."

If it were scaramouche, i would've replied with 'horribly late and I'm annoyingly mad.'
BUT this person is the priestess of watatsumi island so i answered "of course not! I just arrived."

Come to think of it, scaramouche is the crown archon of the whole goddam nation and I'm bluffing here with more respect. Not that i feel uncomfortable infront of her, it's just that me and scaramouche have built an intimate friendship. Scaramouche is hard to satisfy and stubborn. He owns a complicated personality but at least we became closer now, at first he wanted to kill me. I've never realized but what was his motive? Why was he so eager in getting rid of me? Maybe I'll ask later.