24. awakened makoto

I stood next to scaramouche, whom was standing one stair down the raiden ei

Every servant, guards and disciplines from the Yashiro, Tenryou commission gathered around Tenshukaku. They were all awaiting the renowned raiden makoto.

Makoto is Scaramouche's one and only sister, she was named after ei’s dead twin sister. The baal was so dear to beelzebul so she decided to make another puppet and name her after baal.

With all said and done the two became siblings, kunikuzushi and makoto. They were well-known all around Inazuma, I've heard about legendary siblings who barely showed their faces in ages. The two inseparable siblings were even mentioned in history books.

Even though looking back at it, there were no illustrations or anything related to them, it's like their whole history has been burned to ashes and only a simple existence of them has been mentioned.

I remember miko telling me about them when i was studying with her as a child but even the smallest details i already knew where from miko's and not from the records. At the same time, how is it possible that they have little record and no one knew about Scaramouche's reason for his absence before i was chosen? Or where was makoto until now? Why is no one curious? Is everyone dumb here?

"Is there more to it that meets the eye?" I muttered under my breath.

"What was that?" Scaramouche asked while he had his arms on my shoulder.

I smiled and shook my thoughts "nothing, i was tired from all the standing."

He also sighed "ughh i feel you, we've been waiting for way too long."

What is taking her highness, makoto too long? Gathering here early wasn't the best of choices though. After waiting for another minute and watching all the amusing drum and trumpets sounds which was prepared especially for her arrival, i asked a question to pass the time.

"Hey scara, where was makoto staying all this time?"

Scaramouche took too long to answer and felt bothered by this.