12. Jealousy

"Good news everyone!" Ayato cheered loud

Sara, scaramouche and me smiled in return, giving him the time to explain his arrival. Mr. Kamisato seemed so excited and acted like a child "today's my dear sister's birthday!"

"Oh my! Ayaka's birthday? How could i have forgot?" I jumped up and down in excitement trying to match ayato's energy and to my surprise ayato laughed so excitedly "i can't wait more for tonight's big party!"

"I'm starting to hate this idea." Said scaramouche, our famous party-hater.

"Don't mind him! I wouldn't miss her birthday for a life and he'll come along."

"No no, not gonna happen." Scaramouche grabbed my wrist getting closer to my face.

"You're not gonna let me go out there alone at night, are you?" I even got closer making him fluster.

He frowned knowing he couldn't refuse that made him anger. He brought me home after i was kidnapped yesterday and stayed at my room the whole day. He tried to cheer me up since i felt desperately alone and hopeless, i cried in his arms but he didn't argue about it and just made me feel comfortable. he embraced me with all the affection he had and i ever seen. I really appreciated it and thanked him early in the morning after i was feeling better and thought it through.

"fine! I'm coming along but not because i want to protect you." Scaramouche smirked mischievously and sara put her hand on her head sighing in disbelief "just say you wanna protect her, archons have mercy on me! I can't take it anymore."

Ayato agreed with sara "yeah, yeah go get a room! We won't be responsible if you end up screwed at the kamisato state tonight."

We both went silent just to confirm there's nothing going on between us. Honestly there wasn't, me and him were a crown prince and her little shrine maiden bodyguard who couldn't save herself from a mess let alone the almighty crown archon.

Kamisato ayato invited us all to the celebration they'll hold at the state for tonight and i was so glad to enjoy one after a long weeks of work here. Everyone deserves a break. That's was when the thought of going to the shrine crossed my mind, it'd awesome if me and kuki were there and had a dress-up party. Miko also had a good taste in gowns and other stylish outfitssuitablefor Ayaka's birthday, thinking about it made my day.