★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎𝟏★

(𝟏 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 )

(𝟏 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 )

𝐉𝐮𝐥𝐲, 𝟔𝐭𝐡 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟖 - 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞.

As the year went by, Walburga learned to cope by immersing herself in her work. She retreated to a small chamber room tucked away in the basement of Grimmauld Place.

Within the chamber, shelves lined the walls, filled with potions, vials, and various arcane ingredients. Each item was meticulously organized, reflecting her meticulous nature even amidst turmoil. A small fireplace crackled in one corner, casting flickering shadows across the room and providing warmth during her long hours there.

Day and night blurred together as she devoted herself to perfecting her skills, honing her craft with unwavering determination.

When she wasn't in her chamber, she joined Orion for meals. He was often away on Dark Lord missions, leaving their marriage strained since Regulus's Mark.

Despite this, they focused on supporting their son, putting aside their issues. Sometimes, they shared memories over meals or drinks, finding solace in fleeting moments of laughter.

Regulus remained consistent in his weekly letters, updating her on his studies and secretive practices in the Forbidden Forest.

He detailed his readings on the dark arts and his progress, reassuring her of his dedication. Many of his letters mentioned a growing friendship with Barty Crouch Jr. a pureblood boy whose father was well-known in the community.

She had heard rumors of the boy wandering Diagon Alley most summers, trying to get into trouble simply to ruin his father's reputation.

As summer unfolded and Regulus returned home, Walburga couldn't help but notice a profound confidence settling over him. Night after night, he was sent off on missions alongside Snape, Malfoy, and Mulciber.

The four boys, bound by their dark tasks, grew closer as they faced the grim realities of their duties. They became a tight-knit group, their camaraderie forged in the crucible of their shared experiences, yet burdened by the weight of their dark responsibilities.

Despite her dismay, Regulus often found himself assigned to solo missions alongside Barty Crouch Jr. even after completing missions with his group. Their bond grew stronger, to the point where Crouch would stay overnight in Grimmauld Place rather than return home after late missions.

The young boy irked her with sly smirks and compliments, reminiscent of Amycus Carrow. It was as if the boy spent more time in Grimmauld Place than he did his own home. Though she kept her thoughts to herself, knowing Regulus needed to maintain a compliant demeanor with his companions.

Carrow, as much of an annoyance as he was to her, would drop by and join her for lunch whenever he could. Though their conversations consisted of the boy mocking her with sarcastic rebuttals.