𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏★

𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝐬𝐭, 𝟏𝟗𝟒𝟓 - 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦 𝟗 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝟑 𝐐𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬

The following morning, Walburga and her brother, still weary from a sleepless night, prepared to return to Hogwarts.

The house-elves had informed them that Irma and Pollux had left in the early hours due to an emergency. Concern etched on their faces, Walburga and her brother exchanged glances.

While it wasn't a rare occurrence, she and her brother left not knowing that her cousin's home had been targeted last night.

As they left the manor, uncertainty hung in the air. The Black siblings, usually confident and assured, now faced the unknown.

Upon arriving at the platform to catch the Hogwarts Express, they stood amidst families bidding tearful goodbyes. The usual hustle and bustle of students eager to return to the magical school was subdued by an air of somberness.

Many families, their eyes filled with concern and anxiety, exchanged farewells with their loved ones.

Sighing she looked down to see Alphard looking at the floor of the platform. "Come on - let's board."

With a nod, they made their way onto the train, leaving behind the emotional farewells and the heavy atmosphere of the platform.

Making their way through each compartment more and more eyes stared at them, more than usual. Walburga, growing tired of the whispers glared at them.

As they found an empty compartment and settled in, the Hogwarts Express continued its journey, carrying with it the tension and anticipation of a new school term.

Settling in, she watched as her brother sat by the window looking solemn.

Just as she was about to speak up, the compartment door slid open. Evan Rosier walked in, looking extremely bruised and malnourished.

Not that she looked any better, the amount of dieting her mother had her go through in the summer cast its toll on Walburga's body.

Noticing Rosier's condition, concern etched across his face, Alphard stood up. "Rosier?" he asked, slightly annoyed by his presence he hoped it was Ares, though he knew it couldn't be.

Rosier somewhat loudly spoke to them "Well how is he? From what I've heard it wasn't a fair fight..." As Rosier looked at the siblings, he could tell they hadn't had an easy go of it, just as most purebloods.

The Rosier family had also been attacked by the Acolytes, they had to disapparate quickly to ensure they would survive.

Walburga and Alphard looked at him as if he had gone mad.

"How's who?" Alphard replied, seeking clarification. The train began to move, adding a subtle backdrop of motion to the unfolding conversation.

Rosier, looking between the siblings, clarified, "Orion... How is Orion? Haven't you read the Prophet? Or I don't know spoken to anyone?"

Walburga, her composure momentarily shaken by the mention of Orion, regained her usual stoicism. "No - why what's happened?" Trying to sound as if she did not care.

Rosier, his expression reflecting a mix of frustration and concern, replied, "The Blacks were attacked last night, Macduff and Mckrafft were the ones who attacked them. From what the prophet says, I guess it turned pretty ugly..." Handing her the newspaper

"If the ministry hadn't been informed of the attack it seems Orion and his family would have been murdered, though it says they held their own."

Walburga, holding the newspaper, couldn't help but feel a surge of conflicting emotions. Seeing her Uncle and Aunt moving as flashes on the cover brought the reality of the situation closer to home.