★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝟗★

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟓𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟓 - 𝟏𝟐 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞.

The next day everyone had gotten dressed to go to a small ball thrown by the Malfoy family to commemorate the announcement of Naricissa's betrothal to Lucius Malfoy.

As Walburga put on her earrings, she looked over to see Sirius hadn't come down yet.

Regulus had been sitting quietly on the sofa, he looked solemn. "Are you alright son?" She questioned as she finished placing her other earring on.

He looked up at her before giving her a small smile, "Immaculate."

She smiled back before Orion joined them, sighing she called out, "Sirius!"

"Yeah!" His voice echoed from the staircase as he descended, his attention divided between adjusting his tie and meeting her gaze. As he stepped into the room, their eyes met, a silent exchange passing between them amidst the flurry of preparations for the evening ahead.

With a resigned sigh, she couldn't help but find solace in the fact that, at the very least, Sirius' hair was impeccably styled.

Her thoughts whispered reassurance to her, even as she reached for her wand to deftly adjust his tie, ensuring his appearance was as polished as ever for the evening's gathering.

"Should the topic of marriage concerning you come up tonight in any form, I give you permission to do what you do best." She spoke as she put her wand away.

He looked at his tie slightly confused before looking at her, "And what's that?"

With a soft sigh, she braced herself for what she was about to suggest. "Cause a scene and give us an opportunity to leave early," she admitted, her words laced with a touch of exasperation. "The last thing I need is Druella or any other woman advocating for a random pureblood girl to marry you."

He took a step back in a slightly dramatic fashion before smirking and sarcastically saying, "Cause a scene? Why I never,"

"Shut it," she retorted, her hand firm on Regulus' shoulder as she addressed them both. "Okay, everyone, act like you're normal; and by everyone, I mean you, Sirius."

Orion rolled his eyes at the entire interaction; he couldn't believe how both mother and son were so similar and yet so different.

He placed his hand on Sirius' shoulder before speaking, "Let's just get this over with already." With that, everyone disappeared from the main room of Grimmauld Place.

☆ ★ ☆

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟓𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟓 - 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐟𝐨𝐲 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐫.

As they materialized just outside the imposing manor, its grandeur never failed to awe her

As they materialized just outside the imposing manor, its grandeur never failed to awe her. She had said it once before, and she'd repeat it: the only family that could rival the Blacks in both beauty and riches were the Malfoys.