★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕𝟖★

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟐 - 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦 𝟗 & 𝟑/𝟒

She was late. Too late. The bottom of her skirt brushed the dirty floors as she raced through the train station, nearly slamming into the wrong wall before finally finding the entrance through the brick barrier. Catching her breath, she scanned the platform, her eyes searching for him amidst the crowd of students and parents.

It didn't take long for her to spot him. Sirius was sitting next to a curly-haired, spectacled boy and his mother. Steeling herself, she picked up the ends of her skirt and made her way towards them, her heart pounding in her chest.

"Euphemia Potter," her voice was steady as she stood beside the bench where her son sat. "It has been a long time."

Placing her hand on Sirius' shoulder, she gave him a slight squeeze to let him know it was time to go, her gaze meeting Euphemia's she inwardly wanted to wipe the woman's kind smile away.

"Walburga Black, you look well," Euphemia smiled, her gaze lingering on the woman in black. Time had etched wrinkles on her face, a testament to the passage of years. Glancing down at Sirius, she could sense the boy's determination to stay with James.

"It appears our sons have become friends," Euphemia continued, her tone polite but guarded, aware of the tension between the two women.

"The best of friends I'll have you know," the Potter boy stood up in front of his mother, glaring at Walburga with a defiant expression.

Sighing, Walburga merely ignored them both and gripped her son's shoulder, gently urging him to stand up. She could feel the tension thick in the air, but she was determined not to let it escalate any further.

With a resigned nod to Euphemia, she began to lead Sirius away from the platform, her grip on his shoulder firm yet reassuring.

"I will write to you all summer James!" Sirius shouted as his mother led him away from the blood traitors.

"Shut it," She whispered harshly, as she made eye contact with pureblood families.

Ignoring the stares and whispers around them, she kept her focus on guiding Sirius safely out of the station, her grip on his shoulder unwavering. Feeling the weight of disapproval from the pureblood families, she remained resolute, her determination to protect her son unwavering.

☆ ★ ☆

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟐 - 𝟏𝟐 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞.

Upon entering the house, Sirius had all but tried to run away from her into the sanctuary of his room.

Gripping the back of his collar, she pulled him back, her voice firm and disapproving. "What, you come back and forget to greet your family?" she scolded, her tone leaving no room for argument.