𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟔☆

𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟏𝟏𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟓𝟎 - 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞.

Lunch at Grimmauld Place was surprisingly not as grim as one would expect

Walburga found herself seated across from her brother, Alphard, with their uncle presiding at the head of the table. The ornate dining room, adorned with dark wood and heavy drapes, became an unlikely backdrop for a meal.

Despite the weighty discussions that had transpired earlier, a sense of camaraderie emerged as they shared stories, laughter, and the enjoyment of a well-prepared meal.

The dining room resonated with the sounds of cutlery meeting plates and the occasional clink of wine glasses. Arcturus, a mischievous glint in his eyes, turned to Alphard.

"So, Alphard, any exciting developments in your life?" he asked, his voice carrying a teasing note. "A young man like you must have options; marriage should be just as important to you as it is to your sister."

Alphard, momentarily caught off guard, grinned in response. "Well, Uncle, I haven't given much thought to marriage yet. I'm enjoying the freedom that comes with not being the heir. No rush to tie the knot, I say."

Their uncle leaned back, looking at his nephew in deep thought as he spoke again, "It would be foolish for you not to marry a pureblood woman. You are lucky your father hasn't forced one upon you; you'd be stuck marrying someone you wouldn't care for."

Alphard, his grin fading slightly, nodded in acknowledgment of his uncle's words. "I understand the importance of blood purity, Uncle Arcturus. It will happen when it happens, that is my stance on the matter."

Desperately trying to get the attention of marriage from himself, he did what he did best under pressure.

Coughing slightly, "Where exactly is our cousin?" sparing a glance at Walburga who was already glaring at him knowing he shifted the conversation back to her.

Arcturus, swirling the wine in his glass, glanced toward the door. "That foolish boy, his ambitions have led him to make decisions without thinking them through." Shaking his head almost in shame before he continued.

Walburga spoke up, attempting to steer the conversation. "His advancement within the Ministry has indeed improved our family's reputation. As a trained Auror, he has portrayed our family in a positive light, showcasing our commitment to law and order."

Arcturus, still contemplating, nodded slowly. "True, his accomplishments have been beneficial, but at what cost? His duty is to our family, to you, Walburga. You, of all people, should know he simply joined the Ministry to keep the marriage from moving forward."

Walburga's eyes flashed with a mix of frustration and realization. "As I have already said uncle, Orion and I both agreed to postpone the marriage."

Huffing he looked at Alphard as if trying to get back up. "He is my son, I know my son and I know that if he truly wanted this marriage to happen it would have already happened."