𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕★

(𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐒𝐤𝐢𝐩 - 𝟏 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡)

𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟏𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟒𝟓 - 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐫

With the school year ending, Walburga found herself dreading the idea of going back home.

The looming return brought with it a sense of apprehension, the memories of strained familial relationships, and the weight of expectations settling like a heavy cloak around her shoulders.

As the Hogwarts Express carried her away from the magical haven, the bustling energy of the platform gradually gave way to a sinking feeling in her chest.

The transition from the castle's vibrant halls to the confines of her family's home felt like a descent into an unknown abyss.

The journey home became a contemplative one, with each passing landscape outside the window accentuating the divide between the warmth of Hogwarts and the coldness that awaited her within the Black family home.

Seated with Orion, who was soundly asleep beside her, she rolled her eyes at the animated conversation between Alphard and Ares.

Amidst the banter, Alphard glanced at her, a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. "Walburga, what do you think? A Thestral versus a Blast-Ended Skrewt, who wins?"

She sighed, a faint smile playing on her lips. "Honestly, the only battle I'm concerned about is the one waiting for me at home." The momentary levity in her voice couldn't fully mask the underlying tension.

Alphard's expression softened, and he gave her a supportive nod, understanding the weight of her words. The compartment fell into a thoughtful silence, the lively discussion momentarily subdued by the unspoken challenges that awaited them all.

Sensing the tone shift she quickly answered "Blast-Ended Skrewt would win..."

Her attempt at lightening the atmosphere brought a hint of amusement to Alphard's eyes, a silent acknowledgment of the shared understanding between siblings.

Ares, who had been listening attentively, chimed in, "Well, in the battle of magical creatures, I'd say it's a close call. But nothing beats the unpredictability of a Hungarian Horntail, don't you think?"

Nodding she replied, "I suppose that is; if you don't have a wand." The corners of her lips curled into a wry smile.

She couldn't help but feel sad for Ares, here she was in her self-pity not realizing that at least she had Alphard.

She knew Ares had an older sister and brother, but they were years older creating a different dynamic that left him somewhat isolated. They left home to fulfill their duties.

Nonetheless, the conversation continued, weaving between magical creatures, hypothetical battles, and the unspoken challenges that awaited them at home.