★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎𝟎★

(𝟔 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫)

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞, 𝟐𝟓𝐭𝐡 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟕 - 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞

"You have to eat something, Regulus," she insisted gently, her voice laced with concern as she watched him. They sat across from each other in the cozy kitchen, bathed in the warm glow of sunlight filtering through the small windows.

Kreacher bustled about, setting down a hearty breakfast spread on the worn wooden table before excusing himself to attend to other chores.

Observing him closely, she noticed the profound transformation that had unfolded within the last six months, ever since she and Orion had revealed his inevitable destiny. Regulus, always perceptive, had known it long before their discussion, but witnessing the Dark Lord's ritual that night seemed to have ignited something within him.

Whether it was fear or an intense drive to bring honor to the family, she couldn't tell.

His face appeared more gaunt, hinting at missed meals and restless nights. Despite his physical changes, he had grown taller, almost surpassing her in height, and his raven hair remained as curly as ever, only now passing his ears. However, it was the dark circles under his eyes that caught her attention the most, the rings seemed to make his eyes appear wide.

Though they remained blue as always.

"Regulus—"

"Is everything prepared for tonight?" He cut her off, finally pushing his chair back from the table, looking at her.

Tilting her head, she sighed, the weight of the situation heavy upon her. It had been his sixteenth birthday, a milestone usually celebrated with joy, but it was the beginning of a dark journey for him.

After she and Orion had spoken to him about the implications, he had practically gone behind their backs, seeking out Bella, who eagerly relayed his wishes to the Dark Lord.

The Dark Lord, impressed by Regulus's determination, had decided to grant his request on the night of his sixteenth birthday.

Her son would be the youngest death eater to join the ranks.

She could recall when he had told her of what he had done.

☆ ★ ☆

(𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤)𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟎𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟔 - 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞.

Walburga's voice reverberated off the dark wooden walls of Orion's study, her steps echoing her agitation. Regulus stood before her, his demeanor betraying a mixture of defiance and determination.

Her anger was palpable, her frustration evident, especially when he revealed that he had met with Bellatrix to discuss receiving his mark on his upcoming birthday. All she could see was red as her tirade continued, fueled by disappointment and concern.

"I said no, no!" Her words were sharp, slicing through the tense atmosphere. "Regulus, you had no right to do what you've done!"

Regulus met her gaze squarely, his jaw set in stubborn resolve. His eyes, usually bright with intelligence, now reflected a fiery determination that sent a shiver down her spine.

"Orion," she implored, her voice tinged with desperation as she turned to him, her eyes pleading for help. He remained leaning against the wall, a silent observer of her emotional unraveling.

"Please, you have influence with the Dark Lord. You can persuade him to change his mind!"

Stepping closer to him, her anger dissipated, replaced by the raw fear of a mother.