𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑★

𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟑𝐫𝐝, 𝟏𝟗𝟒𝟓 - 𝐇𝐨𝐠𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬

Once the holidays were over, most of the students had been sent back to school. The halls, once echoing with festive cheer, were now filled with the usual sounds of footsteps and chatter.

Walking through the echoing corridors of Hogwarts,  Walburga couldn't escape the feeling of unease that had settled in her chest.

The usual buzz of students preparing for classes seemed distant as if the castle itself held the weight of the world's troubles.

She made her way to the courtyard, hoping the crisp winter air might clear her mind.

The courtyard blanketed in a thin layer of snow, offered a serene contrast to the tumultuous thoughts swirling in her head.

Students milled about, some engaged in friendly conversations, while others trudged along, lost in their concerns.

Dressed in her winter clothes, she walked through the courtyard feeling a bit down. She had finished all her assignments, and the usual excitement of studying seemed to be missing.

Finding a secluded spot, the sound of her boots crunching on the snow accompanied her contemplative mood.

As if on cue, she heard Alphard's voice call for her.

"What is it?" she questioned as she pulled on her gloves tightly.

He handed her that day's daily prophet. Taking half a glance at the cover the lettering in big bold letters read; 'The sacred twenty-eight?'

She furrowed her brow, puzzled. "What's this about?" she inquired, looking down at Alphard.

He raised an eyebrow "Proof... our family has two whole pages dedicated to our blood purity." It was almost comedic in the way he said it.

Flipping to the pages and skimming through, "It's  just our family tree.." her eyes scanned

"It's nice to see how much they care about us." Sarcasm dripped through her voice as she lost interest in the prophet handing it back to him.

He caught the newspaper and grinned. "Oh, they care so much, don't they? It's like a detailed map of how 'pure' we are." Alphard's tone carried a mix of bitterness and amusement. He folded the paper and stuffed it into the pocket of his coat.

She hummed in reply as she sat on a free bench admiring the snow that began to fall on their heads.

Alphard took a seat beside her, and for a moment, they sat in companionable silence, watching the snow blanket the surroundings in a soft white layer.

He broke the silence, "Are you alright?"

She considered his question for a moment, her gaze still fixed on the falling snow. "I never told you, but I did enjoy that Shakespeare play you got me this past summer."

Blushing Alphard's expression shifted, a mix of surprise and curiosity. "You did? I mean, I knew you would have...you tend to like his writings." He smiled at her and scratched his neck.

Looking at her brother, she couldn't help but wish he would find bravery in himself.

She stared at him, her eyes softened. "Shakespearean tragedies...every story ends in sorrow."

Alphard's smile softened in response to her words. "Well, not every story has to end in sorrow. Sometimes, there's room for a twist, a change of fate." He glanced at the falling snow, contemplating the idea.