𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔★

(𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐒𝐤𝐢𝐩 - 𝟑 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬)

𝐖𝐞𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐀𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐥 𝟏𝟏𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟒𝟓 -  𝐃𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

𝐖𝐞𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐀𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐥 𝟏𝟏𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟒𝟓 - 𝐃𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Winter came and went far too quickly for Walburga's liking. The Hogwarts grounds, once blanketed in pristine snow, were now showing the first signs of spring's arrival.

Yet, the change in seasons brought with it an unsettling atmosphere.

Whispers of attacks on muggle-born families reached the ears of the Hogwarts community, spreading fear and uncertainty like a chilling wind. The threat of violence was no longer confined to the wizarding world; it was crossing over, impacting the lives of those who had once felt sheltered within the castle's protective walls.

Fear began to spread among the students who had to say goodbye to their classmates, not knowing if they would ever see each other again.

The bonds that had been forged within the castle's protective walls now faced the uncertainty of the outside world.

She felt safe knowing her safety was secure. Knowing her brothers did not have to worry for their lives; that was all she needed. In that reassurance, she found a semblance of peace amid the storm that threatened to disrupt their world.

Walking into the Divination class, Walburga's steps felt heavier than usual, burdened by the weight of thoughts about the tumultuous events beyond the protective embrace of Hogwarts.

The air in the classroom seemed charged with an uneasy energy, the mystical symbols on the walls taking on a more foreboding quality. The smell of incense burned her nose.

As she found her seat next to Orion, he looked completely disinterested as he held his head up with his arm leaning against the small circular table. "This class will never not be a ridiculous waste of time," he remarked, his voice carrying a hint of frustration.

He glanced up at Walburga furrowing his eyebrows. He noticed something was wrong with her; she was biting at her lips.

Sitting up, Orion declared, "I mean, who believes in this stuff? Crystal balls and prophecies? It's all nonsense."

Smirking, he continued, "Come here, let me tell your fortune, but first, give me 3 sickles."

His playful tone brought a gleam to her eyes.

She played along, reaching into her robes and pulling out three wizarding coins. "Alright, let's see what the future holds..."

Orion took the coins with a dramatic flourish, holding them up as if they possessed mystical properties. "Prepare to be amazed, dear cousin. The cosmos are about to reveal their secrets."

Their playful banter provided a welcomed distraction, if only for a moment, from the weight of the world outside the classroom.

Unfortunately, Professor Windermere caught on to the mockery of the Slytherins and took away 10 house points. The amused expression on Orion's face shifted to a subtle grimace as the professor's disapproval fell upon them.