★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝟓★

𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟒  - 𝟏𝟐 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞

𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟒 - 𝟏𝟐 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞.

She knew something was wrong when Alphard hadn't come for dinner. As the clock struck midnight, the realization dawned on her like a cold wave crashing over her. Orion wasn't coming home.

The rhythmic ticking of the grandfather clock echoed through the silent room, each sound seemingly amplifying her anxiety. She sat on the edge of the sofa, her fingers nervously tapping against the upholstery as she gnawed on her fingernails, her mind consumed by worry and fear. Time seemed to stretch endlessly as she waited, each passing moment feeling like an eternity.

The silence stretched until it was abruptly shattered by a loud pop echoing through the room. Startled, she quickly rose from her seat, her heart pounding in her chest as she turned around, expecting to see Orion returning home. However, to her surprise and confusion, it was Cygnus who stood before her, his expression grim and troubled.

He was covered in blood, his normally stoic expression now grim and troubled as he addressed her. "The Dark Lord requests your presence immediately, Walburga," he stated, his voice carrying an urgency that sent a shiver down her spine.

Shaking her head she backed away, "Where is he? Where is Orion?"

Cygnus's expression softened slightly, a hint of sorrow flickering in his eyes. "He's alive, Walburga," he replied solemnly. "But he's not here. Right now, you need to come with me." He stepped closer, his voice gentle yet urgent.

"It's time to prove your loyalty," he continued, his tone weighted with significance.

As Cygnus reached for her hand, she hesitated for a moment, feeling a surge of fear and uncertainty. But ultimately, she nodded, resigning herself to whatever fate awaited her. With a tight grip on her hand, he apparated them away to a situation she wanted no part in.

☆ ★ ☆

𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟒 - 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬: 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐟𝐨𝐲 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐫

As the ground solidified beneath her feet, Walburga looked up at the imposing doors of the Malfoy Manor, the moon casting an eerie glow over the scene. With Cygnus leading her inside, she couldn't shake the feeling of dread settling in the pit of her stomach.

As Cygnus led her into the grand corridor, the flickering torches cast dancing shadows against the ornate walls adorned with ancient tapestries. 

The long table stretched before her, its polished surface gleaming under the dim candlelight. At the head sat the imposing figure of the Dark Lord, his presence casting a chilling aura that seemed to permeate the very air. Beside him sat Orion, his features marred by streaks of blood, his eyes fixed on the table.

Flanking the table were Amycus Carrow, his sneer etched into his features, and Abraxas Malfoy, his aristocratic facade betraying nothing of the tension in the room. They were the only other death eaters there.