𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓★

𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟒𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟒𝟓 - 𝐒𝐥𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐨𝐧 𝐑𝐨𝐨𝐦

As the day went on, Walburga attended her classes, finished assignments, and enjoyed a small slice of pie

As the day went on, Walburga attended her classes, finished assignments, and enjoyed a small slice of pie. While she didn't expect a letter from her parents, many students usually received something on birthdays.

Not that she cared, if anything she was quite pleased with the idea of her parents not thinking of her. 

If it meant not being a burden to them she was perfectly fine not getting any acknowledgment from them on her birthday.

She turned sixteen today, and yet as she walked through the dimly lit corridors of Hogwarts, she couldn't shake the sense of solitude that clung to her.

It was odd - she felt there was no need to feel sad, it wasn't like this was new to her. This sense of isolation wasn't a newfound companion; it had been a silent observer throughout her years.

Walking until she reached her destination, she whispered the password and entered. The common room, as expected, was cloaked in darkness.

The leather couches were occupied by Ares and a few half-bloods. Alphard was nowhere to be seen.

Sighing she walked past them and made home of an empty desk and chair. The flickering light of the fireplace cast dancing shadows on the common room walls, creating an ambiance of both warmth and gloom.

Her thoughts swirled as she sat by the fireplace, the warmth of the flames contrasting with the image of Orion out on the freezing Quidditch pitch for practice.

A smirk played on her lips as she entertained the notion. 'Ambition without a strategy, as always' She thought to herself.

She wondered if perhaps there was more to Orion's seemingly impulsive actions, something she hadn't considered before.

The room was hushed, with occasional murmurs from students engrossed in their conversations.

Just as she was about to start reading in advance for her Astronomy class, she felt a hand on her shoulder.

Turning around, she faced Ares Carrow's hand on her shoulder the unexpected interruption drawing her attention away from the pages of the astronomy book.

Ares, despite only being in his 3rd year along with Alphard, was small in stature compared to the rest of his classmates. He had the biggest doe eyes she had ever seen and the curliest brown hair too.

"Uh, Black," he stammered his voice barely above a whisper. She nodded in acknowledgment, her expression guarded.

"Um, Alphard is serving detention, so he told me to tell you to wait for him here," Ares added, his gaze shifting uncomfortably.