𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟖☆

(𝟐 𝐖𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫)

𝐅𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟏𝐬𝐭 𝟏𝟗𝟔𝟏 - 𝟏𝟐 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞.

She hadn't bothered to do her hair - the immense pain in her stomach made her want to claw the growing child out of her

She hadn't bothered to do her hair - the immense pain in her stomach made her want to claw the growing child out of her. Nonetheless, she pressed on as she walked down the stairs holding a crying Sirius in her arms.

The grandeur of Grimmauld Place seemed to dull in the face of the personal struggles within its walls.

Walburga placed Sirius on the floor and gathered a few magical toys for him to play with; he favored a little broom.

Sighing, she called upon the house elf. With a pop, he had appeared.

The house elf, bound by duty to the Black family, stood with a demeanor of subservience, waiting for Walburga's instructions.

"Mistress- Ow!"Before the house elf could ask her what she needed, Sirius had thrown a toy at his face.

Walburga scowled at Sirius's mischievous act, her pain momentarily overshadowed by annoyance. She knelt to pick up the toy that now rested near the house elf.

Giving her son the toy, she stated firmly, "We do not throw things at the house elf. Here."

Her tone held a stern authority, a reminder of the strict rules she enforced within the Black family home.

Turning back to the house elf she spoke "Can you prepare a late lunch for me and mash up some carrots for Sirius."

The house elf nodded, his large eyes reflecting both obedience and a subtle understanding of the intricate dynamics within the household.

With a sigh she glanced at the large piano that had just arrived a few days ago, she had it made in France by meticulous veela craftsmen.

She planned to teach Sirius and her new child how to play it, over her time at Hogwarts she would sneak into the music room and teach herself to play the instrument.

Her mother never allowed her to do extracurricular activities, she had the idea that women were made to simply be wives. Walburga however would let her children explore music within the wizarding world. She knew that Orion wanted Sirius to join the quidditch team.

A soft knock on the window broke her from her daydream. Walking to open the window, she knew it was Malfoy's owl. She smiled as the owl placed the bouquet of roses on the windowsill.

She muttered a small 'thank you' to the owl before giving it a small treat.

Smelling the roses she placed them on the sleek black piano- their cream color contrasted well.

She missed him. Perhaps it was the hormones from the pregnancy or perhaps it was the loneliness she felt. But, Merlin, she missed him. In her dreams, they were still in his study, he would still hold her, in her dreams she would still meet him for dinner, and they would simply laugh at nonsense.