★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕𝟔★

𝐅𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟏𝟒𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟐 - 𝟏𝟐 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞.

The rain cascaded down in sheets, drenching the cobblestone street and casting a gloomy shadow over the towering, grim façade of 12 Grimmauld Place

The rain cascaded down in sheets, drenching the cobblestone street and casting a gloomy shadow over the towering, grim façade of 12 Grimmauld Place. Despite the downpour, both mother and son remained dry. Walburga had charmed them both, ensuring that her son wouldn't get rained on during their journey home.

The sun had all but disappeared as the moon hid behind the dark clouds, casting an eerie glow over the deserted street. Squeezing Regulus's hand in hers, she led him across the rain-soaked cobbled street and quickly ushered him into the safety of their home.

Upon entering, she moved to help him out of his robes, before removing her own. Quietly she made her way into the main room, she prepared to ignite the fireplace with her wand.

The warmth and flickering light would help dispel the eerie atmosphere that seemed to cling to the house. She would never say it aloud, but she knew in her heart that whenever Sirius had gone to Hogwarts, he took a bit of light from the house with him.

"Regulus, put your treats away and get ready for dinner-" Turning around as she spoke her sentence was abruptly cut off as Orion entered the main room, moving harshly past his youngest son, unknowingly pushing him towards the floor.

"I need to speak with you immediately," His eyes dimmed as he moved close, grabbing her hands.

Walburga scowled at him, her demeanor stiffening as she pulled her hands away and walked over to Regulus.

"Are you okay?"

Her voice was uncomfortably soft as she helped the boy get up from the floor.

Regulus nodded, a flicker of concern in his eyes as he glanced at his father. "I'm fine, Mother," he replied, his voice barely above a whisper.

Walburga's gaze softened as she looked into her son's eyes, a silent reassurance passing between them. Turning her attention back to Orion, her expression was cold and unreadable. "What is it that you need to speak to me about?" she asked, her tone sharp.

Orion hesitated for a moment, before looking at Regulus as the boy stood behind Walburga's skirt. "Regulus, go to your room. This conversation has nothing to do with you."

Regulus glanced nervously between his parents before obediently nodding and scurrying off to his room without a word.

Once he was out of earshot, Orion turned back to her, his expression serious. "We weren't given much choice in this matter. He expects Sirius and Regulus to join his ranks sooner rather than later. I do not know how he got the idea, but when I arrived he had all but demanded we hand him our sons. He was very clear; he expect them both to get the mark."

It was silent, the only sound that could be heard was the crackling of the fire. By simply looking at her face he knew a storm was about to enter their home in the shape of a protective mother.