Cedric Diggory, detention with Umbridge, 67:

I wrote this one, Enjoy!!!

You were in the DADA and suddenly you heard a loud boom. The doors to the classroom fly open and multiple fireworks come shooting in with the Weasley twins following. Umbridge starts running around the classroom while students laugh at her. She quickly sprints out of the room and everyone's eyes follow her. You see Cedric's head peek out from behind the door and you know that Umbridge probably saw him too. You all get back to work knowing she would be back in any minute as the boys run away to go back to class. About 5 minutes later Umbridge comes back into the room and announces that she needs to see Me, Angelina Johnson, and Katie Bell after hours. I nod my head knowing that we were in trouble because of what had just happened moments before. You look over to see that both of the other girls looked a bit shaken and scared, you decide that you would talk to them and tell them that you won't let her hurt them. (You guys were decently close) The bell rings and you catch up to the other two girls.

Y/n "Hey, don't worry about Umbridge okay? I will make sure she doesn't hurt you two even if it means I get thrown out of the school."

They both nod and you could tell just you saying you'll be there made them calm down a lot.

*TIME SKIP - AFTER HOURS*

You were sitting in Umbridge's office, with Angelina, waiting for Katie to come. Angelina suddenly starts tapping her leg and you slide your chair over and put your hand on top of hers which immediately calmed her. Just then you hear the door open and see Katie step in. Umbridge shows her a chair on the other side of me, Katie nods her head scoots it a bit closer to me, and sits down.

U "I suppose you all know why you're here correct?"

We all nod our heads as a piece of paper on a desk with a quill appears. I just stare at it, I said I wouldn't let them get hurt. I can tell those aren't normal quills... How can I get them out of this?

Y/n "Is it possible that only I... take the punishment?"

U "You want to take it all?"

I nod my head expecting the worst to happen.

U "Okay then. But you all need a bit of punishment still, Angelina and Katie, your pain won't be as bad."

They both nod their heads as Umbridge tells us to start writing. About 5 sentences in I start to feel something burn into my skin. I look down to see the words I will keep my boyfriend in control and behave carving into my hand. The pain was excruciating already and I was only 5 sentences in. Angelina must've seen me in pain because I saw her reach her hand over and touch my leg. I shot her a look and she had a very sympathetic face on and I nodded knowing she was trying to say thank you or keep going. It's now ten sentences in and the pain is getting worse and worse by every sentence. Why did you take their punishment y/n?! I needed to protect them, I had a promise. I felt different voices in my head fighting telling me to cry, give up, say that I couldn't bear it anymore, and run. My hand immediately starts shaking and my leg bounces. I feel a hand from the opposite side touch my hand with the quill in it. I look over and see Katie looking at me, almost sending a message to me that I'm doing great. I do a small nod in return and keep writing. 20. More and more pain as the letters carve themselves into my skin over and over again. I look over at my hand and see gushing blood.

U "Y/n, regretting our choices aren't we?"

I look up at her with no emotion on my face.

Y/n "I made a promise.... And no one will ever get me to break that promise... even if it means I..... die"

I could see both Angelina and Katie staring at me but I didn't care.

Umbridge gives me a stern look and says "Well then. The pain must not be that bad, huh?"

She walks over to me and grabs my paper, ripping it in half. I wince in pain clenching my jaw close but trying to still show no reaction.

U "Y/n, I want you to know that you are not leaving this room until I get the reaction I want out of you, understand?"

I stare her dead in the eyes and say "Fine, just don't hurt them."

Umbridge stands up and nods. She walks over to her desk opens a drawer grabs something then closes it. She walks back in front of me and I see she's now holding her wand. She points the wand at me and whispers a spell.

U "Crucio..." she whispers enough so only I can hear.

Excruciating pain flushes over me and I again clench my jaw then bite the side of my cheek. My lip starts to tremble as the pain gets worse and worse. Angelina and Katie both look at me very worried and quickly back at Umbridge knowing what spell she used.

A"Stop! You're going to kill her!"

The pain got worse and worse with every second to the point where I couldn't hold it in. I screamed collapsing to the floor. Immediately Angelina and Katie rush over to me trying to make sure I'm okay. The pain continues to worsen when I'm barely conscious from exhaustion. Then someone comes sprinting in yelling this like: "What the hell?! Leave them alone!!" and then multiple different spells. I feel a hand placed on my back and realize it was Cedric. I look at him as tears roll down my cheeks then collapse into him as everything goes black.

*TIME SKIP - A DAY LATER*

I flutter my eyes open as a bright light shines into them showing me it's the next morning. I look to my left to see that I'm in the hospital wing. I slowly turn my head to the right to see Cedric holding my hand, asleep. I smile when a wave of pain shoots me. I wince in pain and groan waking Cedric up.

C "Love?! Are you okay?"

Y/n "Yeah just.... A bit painful to smile."

C "Yeah, you were hurt when we found you."

Y/n "Before I passed out?"

C "Yes, now love I know you're still tired but, why were the other two girls completely fine?"

I sighed and said, "We made a promise and there was no way I could break it." 

C "May I know what the promise was?"

Y/n "Well, after we were told we had detention, I could tell both of the girls were a bit frightened. So, before leaving for lunch, I promised them that I wouldn't let them get hurt even if it meant I was thrown out of the school."

He gives me a small smile "And this is why I love you."

Y/n "What do you mean?"

C "You're trustworthy, kind, brave, and a bit of a bada** if I do say so myself."

I laugh and he gives me a very soft and gentle kiss on the lips. Then making sure my hand was okay, and that the pain was tolerable.

 You, Angelina, and Katie all became close because they both had a special gratitude for what you did that day.

The End