Bonus chapter | ii

Author's note: This chapter is a long one compared to what I usually write, but I feel like it made sense to have it all in just one and not make two since everything revolves around the same topic, and there are some time jumps that I hope aren't too confusing.

I also am still working on the third and last one (was supposed to finish it last night during the champions league game, but things happened 😅), though I think I can have it ready for next Thursday. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻

Hope you like it, and as always, thank you for reading! 💜

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

A few years after the previous chapter...

"I think I'm getting the watch, Chilly. I... Chilly?" Mason said, looking around. "Please wrap it for me. Thank you" he said to the jeweller's shop assistant before joining his friend. "Benjamin!"

"Bloody hell, Mason" Ben said, his hand instinctively moving to his heart. "You scared the hell out of me."

"Shit, sorry. Are you ok?"

"Yeah, yeah, don't worry. What happened?"

"That I was calling you and you weren't listening. What were you so interested... No!" Mason gasped.

"It isn't what it looks like."

"Isn't it?" he laughed. "Chilly, you were checking engagement rings! Are you thinking about proposing to June?"

"What? No!"

"Oh, so you were checking them just for fun."

"Yeah" Ben shrugged.

"You are such a bad liar, Benjamin" he laughed again. "Tell me all about it."

"About what?"

"About how you are going to ask June to marry you!"

"Shh, lower down your voice!" he said, looking around. The shop was almost empty, but if someone recognised them...

"Ok, ok. How are you going to do it?" Mason whisperer.

"I'm not going to do it."

"What? Why not?"

"Because June doesn't want to marry me" Ben said.

"Bullshit, Chilly. June is madly in love with you! And you told me that she had confessed that she wanted to start a family with you one day."

"She did, yes. But she never mentioned getting married, and that was when we moved in together a few years ago. Now..."

"Now nothing has changed. If you ask me, it has actually gotten worse, because when you guys started dating, you weren't as cheesy and annoying as you are now."

"We are what?" Ben laughed.

"Cheesy and annoying. Sometimes I fear I may end up having a sugar rush just by looking at you."

"Sure."

"I'm being serious, Chilly. If you ask June to marry you, she is gonna say yes. I have zero doubts about it."

"I don't know, Mason..." he sighed. "Because I've brought up the topic a few times since Vittoria got engaged, and she's always ignored me and started to talk about something else. It's like she avoids it."

"What do you mean?"

"After Vitto's engagement party I asked her about the ring, if it was her style and if she liked it, and she gave me a vague answer and started to talk about the food. Same after she came back from going wedding dress shopping for the first time with her and after she told us they were going to get married in Italy. I asked her if she liked any of that for herself, and she changed the topic. And do you know why, Mason? Because she doesn't want to marry me."