Chapter 19

"I think I should get changed."

"June, for the millionth time..." John sighed.

"I know he said I should wear something comfy, that we aren't going anywhere special. But isn't wearing leggings and a hoodie too... You know?"

"You look perfect, June. And those leggings make your butt look amazing."

"You think?" she said, checking herself in the mirror. She knew Ben liked her butt. And quite a lot judging by all the times she had caught him checking it out.

"Yes, I do."

"Then I shouldn't get changed?"

"No, June. You shouldn't. So stop checking yourself in the mirror."

"Ok" she said, sitting down on her bed.

"I had never seen you this nervous about a first date" John chuckled, elbowing her slightly.

"Shut up" she replied, her good leg shaking like crazy. But John was right. She was nervous. She was extremely nervous.

After making up with Ben and fixing things between them, they had started to meet as they used to and she didn't want to ruin things again.

It had been during one of those visits when she had joked about it looking like a date. Ben had told her that if she was so eager about going on one, then they should do it, and a few days later he had texted her telling her that he had found the perfect plan. She only needed to wear something comfy and warm and wait for him to pick her up.

And now there she was, waiting for him to arrive, racking her brain while thinking where he could take her looking like that. Her recovery process was going better than anyone had imagined, many telling her that she would definitely make it to the World Cup. But she couldn't do much yet, which meant that they would probably not do any physical activity. So where the hell was he taking her?

"Fuck! Shit!" June said when she heard the doorbell.

"That must be him" John smirked.

"Yes, ok" she said, taking a deep breath and leaving her room.

"Hello, Maxwell" Ben smiled when she opened the door.

"Chilwell" she replied.

"Are you ready?"

"Yep."

"Have fun, guys" John said behind them, a big grin on his face.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"You haven't said a word yet" Ben chuckled.

"Uh?"

"We've been in the car for a while, and you haven't said anything. Are you regretting saying yes to this date?"

"What? No, no."

"Then?" he asked, arching an eyebrow.

"I'm... I..."

"You?"

"I'm nervous, ok?" she confessed.

"June Maxwell is nervous about going on a date with me?"

"Yes, I am."

"Oh wow" Ben laughed.

"Yeah, yeah" she replied, rolling her eyes. "When are you going to tell me where we are going?"

"Not yet."

"Oh, c'mon, Chilwell."

"Nope."

"I hate you" June said, crossing her arms over her chest.