Chapter 14

"Holy shit, June."

"Hello to you too, Chilwell" she smiled. "May I come in?"

"Of course" Ben said, looking at her from head to toe as she walked past him. She was wearing a tiny black dress that hugged her body in all the right places, leaving no room for imagination. She looked simply stunning. "I thought we were staying here, that we weren't going anywhere."

"And we aren't."

"Then why are you dressed like that?" he asked as he followed her to the kitchen.

"Don't you like it?" June smirked.

"I fucking love it, June. But I don't get it."

"Yesterday I won the league, so I thought I could dress up a bit and make today's lunch even more special. We are celebrating after all" she said, leaving the bag she was carrying on the kitchen aisle and turning to look at Ben.

"We are, yes" he replied, his eyes fixed on her.

"Though I just realized I brought tomato sauce and I may ruin my dress while cooking. I'm gonna have to get changed."

"Your clothes are upstairs."

"Yeah... But I was thinking about something else..." she said, biting her lip and walking towards him.

"Something else?" Ben gulped, June resting her hands on his chest.

"I thought you could help me get out of this dress."

"You... I..."

"Yes, Chilwell. You and I" she said before kissing him.

At first she did it slowly, she had definitely caught him by surprise. But when Ben kissed her back, June did it with more passion, with more need.

She wrapped her arms around his neck, running her hands through his hair while pulling him closer to her.

"Your room or mine?" she whispered when they managed to break apart.

"Shouldn't we eat something first?"

"Let's leave lunch for later. We'll need to recharge" she smirked before taking his hand and leading him upstairs.

"June..." Ben said, stopping in front of his room's door.

"What? Didn't you make your bed?" she teased him. "It'll be for the better, don't worry."

"It's not that."

"Then what is it? Don't you want this?" she asked, running her hands through his hair once again. She couldn't get enough of it, it was the softest thing ever.

"I do, but..."

"Then come on" she said, opening the door and jumping at him the moment they were inside, kissing him with even more passion than before. This time he didn't hesitate and kissed her back, his hands finally realizing they were allowed to move and doing it all over her body as they walked towards the bed.

"Sit" she ordered him, pushing him against the bed.

"I'm not a dog, Maxwell" Ben chuckled.

"Right now I wouldn't mind being a dog" she said with a mischievous smile while sitting on his lap and straddling him.

"You... oh."

"Yes, oh" she said before kissing him again, his hands moving up and down her thighs before grabbing her butt, giving one of her cheeks a little pinch.

"Oi!" she giggled.

"Couldn't help myself" Ben shrugged. "You know I'm a big fan."

"You are, yes" June laughed, starting to leave kisses on his neck while moving her hands under his t-shirt, making him gasp before taking it off.

"Why are you smiling like that?" he asked.

"I was just thinking that for a retired football player, you keep yourself in very good shape, Chilwell."

"Thank you. But June..." Ben said, not being able to keep talking as June's lips found his again. He was starting to feel himself getting lost on her, on her body against his, on everything she was making him feel. "June, wait... June... June, stop" he finally managed to say, taking her hands from around his neck and holding them on his.

"What happened?"

"I don't want to do it."

"What?" she laughed.

"I don't want to do it" Ben repeated.

"This thing between your legs says otherwise" she smirked, moving her hips against him. "Everything in you says otherwise, to be honest. I can feel it."

"Not everything" he said, trying to stay focused. "My head and my heart say no."

"You... what?"

"I don't want our first time to be like this."

"Like this? What do you mean?"

"I don't want it to be just sex because we both are horny. I don't want to become one of your fuck buddies."

"Excuse me?" June said, moving from his lap and sitting on the bed.

"I'm sorry if that came out a bit harsh, I didn't mean to."

"Too late" she said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"There is nothing wrong with that and I totally respect it if that's what you want. But it isn't what I want" he said, turning to look at her.

"And what do you want, Chilwell?"

"If we are gonna keep doing this, keep seeing each other... I want us both to take it seriously. I want to take you out on dates where I pick you up at your place and we go for a fancy dinner or just a picnic in the park. I want to spend the day with you doing nothing, just chilling and getting to know you, to stay up late talking on the phone, to get that feeling of not being able to wait until the next day to see you. I want... I want us, June. Because I have feelings for you. Because I'm falling in love with you" Ben said, caressing her cheek.

There, he had said it.

What had been eating him alive since the last time June had been at his house, was finally out.

After she had left, he had found himself feeling lonely, thinking about how he wished she wasn't gone. He wanted her to stay with him, to spend the day and the night together, cooking, talking, laughing, cuddling, kissing... and more. He wanted her. All of her.

But he also wanted to do things right. He knew Mason still had feelings for her, so before they took any step further, he wanted to make sure he and June were on the same page. That she also felt what he felt, that they had a future together.

"I have to go" June blurted out, stopping Ben when he was about to kiss her.

"What?"

"I have to go. I just remembered I have to do something for tomorrow's party and I have to go" she repeated, getting up from the bed.

"June..."

"I'm sorry, Ben. I have to go" she said again before leaving the room and closing the door behind her.