Chapter 5

"And then he completely ignored me! He called me annoying and then, goodbye. Can you believe it?"

"June, you've been talking about your encounter with Chilly for the past 15 minutes. Why don't you tell us about your date with Leah's cousin? How did that go?" Vittoria asked.

"Oh, it was ok."

"Are you meeting again?"

"He's coming to Saturday's game and then we are going out for dinner. I just hope Chilwell isn't at that game, I don't want him to ruin the day again and... why are you laughing?" she said, looking from Vittoria to Lauren.

"Because you are back to talking about Chilly. You had a nice date with a nice guy, yet all you can talk about is the guy who supposedly is obsessed with you."

"He is obsessed with me, Lauren. Not supposedly."

"And don't you think that maybe you also are a bit obsessed with him?"

"Me?"

"Yes, you, June. You can't stop talking about him."

"Because he... he... urgh."

"Yes, he urgh" Lauren laughed. "Anyway, changing the topic. You guys are coming to Reece's birthday party."

"I'm not."

"June, it wasn't a question, it was an order. Besides, it's a costume party, it'll be fun."

"We could go dressed as the Power Puff Girls!"

"No" June and Lauren said at the same time.

"Boring" Vittoria replied, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I'm dressing as Lara Croft."

"Oh, cool. I'm thinking about choosing something princessy like. What about you, June?" Vittoria asked her.

"I already told you, I'm not going."

"It's gonna be a big party, you won't cross paths with Mason if that's what worries you."

"I wasn't thinking about him."

"She was thinking about the man she definitely isn't obsessed with" Vittoria giggled.

"I'm not obsessed with him!" June protested.

"Of course not, honey."

"If we stop saying it will you come to the party? Please, please, please. Do it for Reece" Lauren pouted.

"Do you promise you will stop saying I'm obsessed with Chilwell?"

"I promise. Vittoria?"

"Yeah, I promise" she said, rolling her eyes.

"Then I guess I'll attend the party" June sighed.

"Yay!" Lauren said, hugging her.

"But only because I like Reece and I know he'll want me there."

"Only because of Reece."

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Thank you very much for coming, June. It means a lot."

"You're very welcome. And again, happy birthday."

"Thank you" Reece smiled. "Oh, I must go say goodbye to those guys. See you soon, ok?"

"See you soon" she replied before leaving his apartment. Outside it was as packed as inside, but it looked like no one else was leaving. When she walked into the lift, it was just her and another guy.