Search & Rescue (2)

Meanwhile, Lawan and Devi are on their way to Siridawong Mansion to warn Manaow's parents about what is happening. The car parked outside and upon Devi's insistence, Lawan helped her daughter out of the car who was trying to stop her from telling them. Lawan had an umbrella while Devi had a blue denim jacket to cover her body from the rain.

They have the right to know what is going on with their daughter, Devi. I'm not leaving until I talk to them.

Mom, come on. First of all, you shouldn't even know this. You eavesdropped my conversation with Pin. Secondly, there must be a reason why everyone else is keeping this a secret.

Lawan stopped dead in her tracks and looked back at Devi who was exhausted from trying to keep up with her mother who refused to push her wheelchair. What if it was Gyo? What if your sister was stuck in a situation like this? Would you want the police to keep this from you? Devi couldn't refute that because if it was the other way around their family would want to know what is happening.

Fine, but if Gyo asks how all of you found out I'll tell her you were meddling. Lawan pressed the silver button on the wall that prompted a beautiful ring to announce visitors and gave her umbrella to Devi. There were stairs in front of the door so Devi couldn't get out of the rain just yet.

One of the maids opened up the door leaving it slightly ajar. Good evening. May I help you?

Hello, my name is Lawan Wiwatkul. I'm the mother of Gyo, Manaow's fiancée.

Oh, Mrs. Witawakul, please come in. The maid called over two other servants who helped carry Devi up the steps and into the dry and warm home.

I need to speak with Taeng and Somchai. It's an emergency.

The servants bowed their heads and promptly went to look for the owners of the house. One of them stayed behind, handed them warm towels to dry up, and led them to the living room. Mr. and Mrs. Siridawong will be right with you. Would you like anything to drink?

Devi dabbed her shoulders with the towel. Just water is fine. The servant bowed out of respect and went to get the drinks.

This house is impeccable. I only saw the patio the last time we were here, but wow.

Mom, focus! Devi scolded her mom although she knew her mother's dream was to have a big mansion like the one they were in.

Right! Are you dry enough? I don't want you to catch a cold.

I'm fine.

You should've stayed in the car. Devi rolled her eyes.

We should've stayed home.

Lawan, Devi, to what do we owe this pleasure? Somchai and Taeng greeted their guests and sat in front of them on the couch next to where Lawan was already sitting.

We're so sorry to bother you this late in the evening, but we have something important to tell you.

Somchai looked at her with concern. Is Gyoza ok?

Yes, my daughter is just fine, sort of. It's about Manaow.

What did she do now? Taeng said drinking a sip of the tea she had brought with her.

She didn't do anything wrong. Lawan tried to find the words to tell them, but it was proving to be a bit difficult. The police should have been the one to tell you about this and I'm still not sure why they haven't...