Possessive

Manaow, answer that damn phone, I want to sleep, Atom grumbled, placing a pillow over her head. With her eyes still closed, Manaow reached for the phone on the nightstand and answered it.

Hello?

Manaow? Her eyes widened when she recognized the voice. Were you sleeping? I'm sorry if I woke you up.

Gyo? Manaow cleared her throat and felt Atom move behind her.

Yes! I asked my mom for your number. I need to talk to you. Do you think we can meet in a little while? Manaow looked at the time on the screen. 1:37 pm.

Sure. Let me take a shower and I'll be there. Where can I meet you?

At the Citrix cafe at 2:30, okay?

Okay, I'll see you then.

Bye! Manaow hung up the call and got out of bed.

Who is Gyo?

She's the girl from the agreement.

Mm. And why does she want to see you?

I don't know, but I have to go out right now so get dressed. Manaow threw her clothes in Atom's face and went into the bathroom.

Are you going on the bike? Aren't you going to take me?

Atom, I told you we're not a couple. I don't have to take you with me. Manaow put on the helmet and started the bike.

I know we are not a couple, but I would like to meet this Gyo. Manaow laughed.

What for? To scare her away like Mercedes? Atom's face paled. You think I didn't know you called her and told her to come to the apartment?

I didn't-

Spare me the excuses. Don't forget to not mess with me, Atom. Manaow grabbed her arm and pulled her close. I let the Mercedes thing go, but if I find out you're doing something against anyone else, you'll see. She blew her a kiss and let her go.

Idiot. Atom watched as Manaow took off towards the main road. I'll see to it that you only want me, Manaow. You and your fortune will be mine, only mine.

Hey! Gyo kissed her cheek. Sorry to call you so urgently, but I had to talk to you. Manaow stared at the guy who was sitting like a watchdog.

Hi, don't worry! I had nothing to do. Gyo smiled. Did something happen?

Yes, something happened. The guy stood up and stared at Manaow. I am Pure, Gyo's boyfriend and I will not allow my girlfriend to marry you.

All right, Pure, relax, your alpha male pose is unnecessary. Manaow doesn't agree with the marriage either. Manaow looked between the two and did not feel comfortable seeing how Pure put his hands on Gyo. The three of them sat down.

Well, I don't like the idea of an arranged marriage, but what can we do to change our parents' minds about that? As I understand it, the marriage symbolizes the union of the two companies as well.

Yes, Mom has been wanting to join your company for years and generate more capital with more customers, but there has to be a way to do that without us having to get married.

My thoughts exactly, honey. Manaow took a deep breath and got up from her seat.

I'm going to get something to drink at the bar. I'll be right back.

But here is-, Gyo pointed to the menu on the table. Pure, if you can't control yourself, you'd better leave!

I didn't say anything wrong.

You're not helping anything. Manaow is not the enemy. We both want the same thing so relax. Gyo followed Manaow to the bar.

A beer please.

Sorry! I didn't think he'd be like this with you. He was so insistent on coming, but I knew it wasn't a good idea.

Don't worry about it. If I had a girlfriend as beautiful as you I'd do anything to keep you by my side too.

You told me you're a free spirit and now it turns out you'd like a girlfriend. Gyo took a sip of beer smiling.

There are exceptions to everything, but I'd rather be single. I was saying that because of your alpha male. They both burst out laughing.

I'm really sorry. He's not like that, but I assume you intimidate him.

I'm just a stranger. How am I a threat to him?

Pure is a good guy, but he hasn't had an easy life. He didn't live up to his parents' expectations so they pushed him aside and now he's doing everything on his own with no support from anyone. Even if you don't have a job, you have money, resources, you're gorgeous. You can be intimidating to anyone.

So you think I'm gorgeous? Gyo choked a little on her beer.

Did I say that? I think you made it up.

Mhm whatever you say. What do you think we can do?

I don't know, but I wouldn't want to be in a loveless marriage. I'm not one of those who live thinking in fairy tales, but if I'm going to marry someone I want it to be for life and for love, not out of obligation.

And do you think that person is Pure? Both were lost in each other's eyes.

Well, I don't know if it's him, but if I get married I won't be able to find out either. Gyo looked at Manaow's lips momentarily. What the hell are you doing, Gyo? Stop staring at her like that or she'll think you're interested.

Am I interrupting something? Manaow rolled her eyes when she heard Pure behind them.

We're just talking, Pure. He put his arm around Gyo.

I have to go, honey. I got called to play at the bar tonight and I need the cash. Gyo nodded.

That's all right. Take care of yourself. Pure caught her off guard and kissed Gyo in front of Manaow. Gyo quickly pushed him away angrily. You and I agreed on something and I don't like your attitude at all. We'll talk later. Pure sighed and left.

He doesn't keep his hands off you from what I see. He's kind of possessive. I'm surprised you're with someone like that.

For your information, he's not like that. I don't know what the hell is wrong with him today, but I'm not going to let you talk badly without knowing him. Gyo took money out of her purse and placed it on the bar. We'd better talk later. Manaow paid what she owed and walked out after Gyo.

Yes, I'll be right there. Pure acted like a huge jerk to Manaow, and so did I. Gyo sighed. We can meet at- Hey! Manaow took her cell phone from her and hung up.

Come with me.

I'm not going anywhere with you. Give me back my cell phone. Manaow smiled slightly, picked up Gyo and carried her on her shoulder. Manaow! Let go of me! What's wrong with you?

I won't leave you alone until you calm down. They reached her motorcycle and Manaow put her down. Get on.

I don't want to go anywhere. Leave me alone, Manaow.

I'm not asking Gyoza. Get on now. Manaow rarely used an authoritative tone, but when she did it was a little scary. She handed the helmet to Gyo who reluctantly put it on and sat down on the bike.

Where are we going?

Somewhere quieter.