Devi

Two years ago...

Are you sure you don't want to come with us, asked Devi.

I am, don't worry. I'd better stay here and finish these designs for the company, replied to her sister Gyo.

You live thinking about that company 24 hours a day. You also need to rest, Gyo.

Devi, leave your sister alone. At least someone cares about the family business, said Lawan, the mother of the two.

Ugh mom, don't start with your lectures. I'm not interested in fashion, period, but at least I thought you would be proud that I'm studying medicine.

I am very proud of it, but I would have preferred that you...

I know, I know, that I worked at the Wiwatkul company, the family legacy that passed through the hands of grandfather and great-grandmother.

Exactly. It has always been led by the firstborn. No offense, sweetheart. Gyo shrugged and continued with her design.

I'm pretty sure my sister will do a better job than me. Outside the house, a car horn honked. Pin is here for me.

Lawan sighed. Behave and don't drink too much.

Yes, mom. See you sis. Gyo grunted in response.

Devi grabbed her bag and ran out to Pin's car. Hey beautiful. How are you? Ready to get drunk tonight?

Hey! You don't look too bad yourself, you look gorgeous. I'm ready as can be. Mom gave me one of her lectures before we left.

Don't worry, with a few drinks we'll forget our own names. They both laughed and left for the bar. They say this is the best bar that has opened in Bangkok in years, and it's only been open for a few months.

How did you get them to let us in? I heard it's by invitation only.

Ah, I have my contacts, baby. Kidding. Today the bar has free admission, so I took the opportunity to get us on the list early. They have a capacity limit, but they're sure to open another one soon.

Wow... They were both surprised when they walked into the bar. The music in Salesforce was blaring starting with a little techno. The dim lighting was provided by the neon lights decorating the walls and ceiling.

In addition to giving them some neon lights in the shape of necklaces and bracelets, upon entering the bar they received a welcome cocktail which is the house specialty. It's called Tawin and is composed of gin, green apple vodka and white rum.

Damn... The owner really knows what he's doing. I have never seen such a bar in Bangkok. It's just like the bars in Europe and the United States, Pin shouted in her friend's ear.

Have you tried the drink? It tastes great! Devi danced a little to the music finishing her cocktail.

Hey, take it easy, we've got all night! Pin didn't want to have to carry her friend to the car when they left.

Don't be a party pooper, we almost never go out! Devi looked around to see where they could sit. She picked the wrong day to put on her heels that were squeezing her feet. Her gaze spotted a tall, fair-skinned, dark-haired girl on her way to the bar.

No. No, no, no and no, Pin said annoyed. It's been a while since we went out together and now you want to add a hookup.

Pin, I won't leave you alone, I promise. In fact, if she has a friend, I'll ask her to let both of us join. Devi approached the girl who had already arrived at the bar and the rest you already know.