Thinking about you

NOTE: This chapter mentions some previous memories. I will use 3 dots to indicate where they start and end. You don't have to read them again if you don't want to :)

Saturday, approx. 7pm....

Although neither of them was watching the Grey's Anatomy episode that was on the TV screen, it was still playing. Pure had fallen asleep on the couch halfway through the episode as he always did, although he was the one who insisted on watching it with his girlfriend no matter how tedious he found the series because of all the drama they displayed. He hadn't been able to sleep because of fighting with Gyo and tonight, like many others, tiredness and boredom won the battle he had against sleep.

Gyo, on the other hand, was too distracted thinking about a certain someone. Try as she might to pay attention to the episode, Manaow kept popping into her head.

Why can't I stop thinking about you, Naow? What does this feeling that I can't define mean when I'm with you?

.

.

.

I can't believe you lied to mom about the meeting. Devi teased Gyo as they talked on the phone. It wasn't a complete lie. I had a meeting, but it ended an hour ago. Gyo smirked. You really want to be late to meet your fiancée? Gyo rolled her eyes in annoyance at her older sister's comment. Don't call her that, she's nothing of mine yet. Devi had been pestering her about it for two days. You said it, " she's nothing of yours yet", sis hahaha. You better go in, it's not necessary for you to be so late. We have an image to take care of. Gyo nodded. Okay, I'll tell you later what she's like. Bye.

Please let her at least be a good person, said Gyo before entering the room where her mother, Mr. Siridawong and her "fiancée" were. Sorry for the delay, Mom. The meeting I had ran a little late. Gyo smiled at her mother showing almost all of her teeth. Don't worry, Gyo. We're just getting started. Come, meet your fiancée. Oh my gosh. She's gorgeous. This is Manapat Siridawong, daughter of Mr. Siridawong, the owner of the company.

You can call me Manaow. Nice to meet you. Manaow... Will you be as sour as your name? (For those who don't know, manaow means lemon in Thai.) Nice to meet you. I'm Kaniknan Wiwatkul, but you can call me Gyoza or Gyo. Manaow kissed Gyo's hand. Ow, I felt a slight shock. They have to check the wiring under this carpet, it could be dangerous.

Gyo followed Manaow after she went to sit at the bar. I don't understand why Pure got so jealous if he knows it's not a real relationship. I'm sorry! I didn't think he would be like that with you. He was so insistent on coming along, but I knew it wasn't a good idea. Manaow smiled a little. You should smile more often, Manaow. Don't worry about it. If I had a girlfriend as beautiful as you too I would do anything to keep you by my side. Oh wow 🙊.

Today is our "engagement" party. I don't understand why I'm so anxious. Gyo, have you decided what dress you're going to wear yet? The young woman grunted answering Lada's question who had just entered her room. You bought three beautiful dresses. Wear any of them. They all look good on you. Gyo walked to her closet. On the doors hung the other two dresses. I guess I should have coordinated with Manaow what to wear so that at least the color of the clothes would match what she was wearing. She looked at herself in the mirror placing the dresses in front of the one she was wearing to make the decision. Surely you're not this nervous to see your fiancée's reaction, are you? Lada stood behind her, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively. Of course not! If you're not going to help, you'd better get out of here. Gyo shoved Lada out of the room and locked the door. She looked at herself once more in the mirror. Will you like my dress? Oy! Gyo why are you thinking about that?!