The engagement Part 3

You surprised me, whispered Manaow in Gyo's ear as they served each other food from the buffet. I didn't think you would answer the questions so quickly and without hesitation.

It wasn't that hard because we didn't have anything prepared to say, but we do have to coordinate a more or less believable story for everyone, Gyo explained.

Maybe we can talk tomorrow.

I have to accompany Devi, my sister, to her therapy.

Can I come with you, Manaow blurted out. Gyo looked at her puzzled.

You want to go with me to my sister's therapy? Manaow nodded.

If it's no trouble, sure. I want to spend time with your family since we will be in each other's lives for a long time, Manaow invented.

Well, I'll ask Devi first and let you know.

Of course. They finished serving each other food and returned to the table.

Girls! You were wonderful. This story is going to be all over the news first thing tomorrow morning, said Taeng.

I agree with you, love. It turned out better than I thought it would. Somchai grinned from ear to ear. Let's get the celebration started. Naow, we'll talk about Salesforce later. Manaow hadn't mentioned anything about it to her parents, so she nodded sheepishly.

The four of them approached the small stage. Somchai grabbed one microphone and handed the other to his wife. Good afternoon, everyone and thank you so much for coming. I hope you are enjoying the varied buffet we ordered, said Taeng.

As my wife is already an expert in doing these kinds of events, I know that this celebration will be just as successful. Today we are celebrating 2 people who with a little guidance decided to join their lives together. My daughter and her fiancée have been in the flirting phase for a long time and have only now decided to make it official, but I'll let them tell you their story. Somchai motioned for them to move to the center of the stage.

Thank you, Dad. For those who don't know yet, this is my fiancée, Kaniknan Witwakul. Gyoza and I met through my father's business. Although I was never interested in it, I had to go to all the events reluctantly. At one of the parties organized by my mother while I was trying to ignore everyone, this beautiful woman caught my attention and from that moment on I have not been able to look at anyone else. Gyo looks at her surprised at the ease with which she lies. Manaow laughed lightly. For everything good in life, you have to fight, and she was no exception. Winning her over was a challenge, but after more than a year she finally said yes. She grabbed Gyo's hand showing off the diamond ring she was wearing.

Gyo took advantage of the end of the applause to also speak. Good evening, everyone and thank you for coming. It was not easy for me to accept Manaow because of the rumors swirling around her. Hearing that Naow was a womanizer, my first reaction was to tell her no. She had to make a lot of effort to prove me otherwise, but she succeeded. We are very happy and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with her.

Please grab your glasses and let's make a toast to this beautiful couple. To Manaow and Gyo, said Somchai. Everyone at the party repeated the phrase, except for a few who did not agree with the union.

Now let the party begin. Taeng looked at the dj who immediately played festive and cheerful music. The 4 went back to their table.

Pure, you should stop drinking. He laughed and grabbed the glass from Gyo's hand.

Why, am I embarrassing you? Are you afraid everyone here will find out the truth? Gyo shushed him, but Pure staggered out of the seat.