Nagging

Devi don't pretend to be asleep. I know you perfectly well. Lawan shook her slightly. I'm too old to be carrying you to your room like a little kid.

Old when it suits you, Gyo remarked. You always say you look younger than Rose on the Titanic. Devi tried to hold in her laughter but couldn't.

Haha that's true, mom. I don't mean to hurt the old lady so Gyo come here. Lawan rolled her eyes at the comment. Gyo positioned herself to carry her older sister out of the car, but she stopped her. No. I want to show mom.

Okay, but be careful. Gyo helped her up and placed the wheelchair a little distant.

Gyo, what are you doing? Hold her, she might fall, Lawan said concerned.

It's okay, Mom. Look at me. Devi took a few steps leaning on the car until she managed to sit in the chair.

Lawan sobbed when she saw the progress her daughter was making. Honey, you can't imagine how happy this makes me.

You have Naow to thank. Her words of encouragement during therapy helped me so much, Devi admitted.

Did she go to your therapy? Gyo nodded in answer to her mother's question. That girl has a big heart.

Yes, my sister-in-law is a sweetheart. She wouldn't take her eyes off - Gyo covers her mouth.

We'd better go inside, or I'll get eaten by mosquitoes. Gyo pushed her sister's chair and quickly entered the house.

If you push me a little faster, I'll feel like I'm on my sister-in-law's motorcycle, Devi whispered, but not softly enough so her mother wouldn't hear her.

You did what?! Gyo closed her eyes in preparation for her mother's lecture.

Naow parks in front of her apartment and makes a phone call.

Did you do what I asked you to?... Perfect. I sent her a picture of you so they can recognize you. Wipe the memory of the cell phone and throw it away at the airport... No, go straight to the house and make sure no one follows you. Whatever they need to buy, you tell Zoe to go to the store. Any emergencies call me at this number I just registered. In a few months I will come visit them.

She ended the call and checked her messages on her personal cell phone.

Upon entering her apartment Manaow finds Atom half-naked on the table

Hi baby, it's been days since we've seen each other. Did you miss me? Atom removed one side of the robe she was wearing exposing her naked body better.

Um, yeah. I've been a little busy, sorry. The owner of the apartment put her things on the couch and poured herself a glass of water avoiding looking at Atom.

That's all right. I made your favorite lunch. Atom looked at her flirtatiously.

Atom, I don't feel like it. (broken record sound🤭) The 26-year-old got off the table and walked towards Manaow.

You? That's impossible.

I just had lunch at Sunrise. I'm super full and a little tired. I better go take a bath and watch something on Netflix. Manaow unbuttons her shirt on her way to her room when she hears Atom speak again.

You don't like me anymore is that it?

No, it's not that. I told you I'm just tired. Atom followed her into the room.

So what's wrong with you, Naow? Since the news of the engagement, you've been weird with me.

First of all, I told you that we're not a couple for you to be making these kinds of scenes. Second, it's a complicated situation. Lying all the time gets to me. Atom sighs and moves closer to Manaow. She begins to massage her shoulders.

Let me help you relax, baby.

Dammit Atom, no! Can't I spend a quiet afternoon without you coming on to me?

I wasn't...

Give me my keys! Atom looks at her confused. Give me the copy of the keys to my apartment.

Really? Manaow nodded. Atom grabbed her purse and tossed the keys to Manaow. When your bitchy attitude wears off, call me. The girl walked out of the apartment not caring that she was in a simple robe. Manaow flopped on her back on the bed relieved.

Ugh what a painful headache. Gyo rubbed her temples trying to lessen the pain. She inserted the key into the door handle to unlock it. Before she could even get inside, Pure caught her and began kissing her. She pulled away from him as fast as she could.

Forgive me, I was so stupid. I got carried away with jealousy and alcohol. I'm so sorry. Gyo gave him a sympathetic look before slapping him.

Don't you ever talk about me like that again. You wanted to play the macho man by saying we've slept together when you know perfectly well it hasn't happened. Pure lowered his head in shame. I don't know what the hell is wrong with you, but I don't like it when you get like that. Fighting with a woman? Is that the extent of your jealousy?

Pure spoke like a scolded little boy. She said you're her fiancée...

Because I am! Even if it makes us all uncomfortable, I'm Manaow's fiancée in the eyes of the public. And may I remind you that we're getting married in a few months. If you're going to go on like this, we'd better break up. I don't have time to be raising a child.

No! No, please. Gyo! Don't break up with me, I beg you. Pure knelt down in front of her. Forgive me, I was an idiot, I know. I was overcome with jealousy. I know that's no excuse, but I couldn't control myself. I'm really sorry. I won't do it again.

Okay, get up now. I forgive you but do it again and we're done. Gyo folded her arms. Pure quickly got up and hugged her.

I promise! Gyo smiled.

All right. You better let go, I'm super full. Pure did as instructed and joined Gyo who sat down on the couch. I just had the best tacos of my life. The man-child took the opportunity to pour her some water.

At Sunrise, right? Pure closed his eyes knowing he shouldn't have said that.

And how do you know?

I don't want to fight again...

You followed me?! She got up from the couch angrily.

No... well yes, but it's not what you think! I went to the therapy center to apologize when I saw her with you. I was about to go in, but I didn't want to make the situation worse, so I waited for you to come out. Then I saw Devi and Manaow on the bike and you were following them, so I followed you too.

Why didn't you approach us when we entered the restaurant, Pure?! Do you know how creepy it is the idea that we were being followed?!

Gyo, I know you might not believe me because you're so angry....

Ha! Angry is an understatement, Pure. Gyo had too many mixed emotions after that confession.

I wasn't the only person who was following you... At first, I thought it was my imagination because of what I was doing, but I swear it's the truth. There was someone else in a black car following all 4 of us.