Search & Rescue (1)

Lada walked up to her friend trying to reason with her. Gyo, you can't go. It could be dangerous.

I don't care. I need to find her. I have no idea what her kidnapper is doing to her or why, but I won't sit here and do nothing waiting on news. I can't do it anymore. Gyo had been waiting patiently for two days without being able to function like she normally does, but she had grown tired of it. The girls followed her into her room while Jaojom called Marcos. He dialed the number from Gyo's unlocked phone. After two rings, he answered.

"Hey, it's Jaojom. I know it's been a while, but we need your help. Gyo wants to go after Manaow with the police. Can we do that?" 

"Not sure. I'd have to talk to Phaya because this mission is not known to the public." 

"Can you come over here? I'll send you the address." 

"Ok." After ending the call, he overheard the girls fighting in the room. 

I have to ask Manaow what her trick is. He shook his head. Women are always fighting over her and she's not even here. He took a sip of his water and sent the location to Marcos.

Gyo rummaged through her closet looking for something to wear. Every time she grabbed something, Lada or Suay took it away from her hands. 

Warang looked through her drawers and found some warm clothes. Here, use this. Warang avoided Suay and Lada's quick hands and gave the clothes to Gyo who grabbed them hesitantly. I know we won't be able to convince you not to go, but you still need to keep yourself warmed up. They said the forecast for tonight is worse than for the past few days. More heavy rain with low visibility. Gyo nodded thankful and walked into her bathroom to change. 

Why are you helping her?! Aren't you Manaow's number 1 hater? Lada said. 

She'll do it with or without our help. I'm just trying to ensure she stays protected. Prang kissed her girlfriend's cheek. Lada and Suay groaned in frustration. They didn't understand why she was helping Gyo. Warang just looked at her girlfriend who gave her a proud smile.

Marcos knocked on the door of the apartment. Jaojom quickly opened up. It almost seemed like Marcos had entered a hen house with the girls still fighting over going or not going. Come in. We really need your help. 

I can tell... How long have they been like this? 

I drank a beer and a half. Marcos nodded.

Marcos whistled loudly provoking a wince out of everyone. Good evening, ladies. I'm Marcos Rivera for those of you that don't know me. Sorry to interrupt the fight of the century, but if you're going to do this, you all have to agree. It's risky enough with this horrible weather outside. He clapped his hands. So are we helping the police or not?

Gyo greeted him. Thank you for coming over so fast. She smiled at Jaojom who acted as if he was tipping a nonexistent cowboy hat. I want to help, please. I feel so useless just sitting here. 

We'll help too, said Warang while holding Prang's hand. It's nice to see you again.

Likewise. Marcos smiled slightly. Jaojom, are you joining us?

Do you even have to ask? They hugged momentarily patting each other's backs. When did you grow a beard? Both of them and Warang chuckled. 

Gyo stared at Lada and Suay who had their arms crossed with a scowl on their faces. Lada, Suay, please. I'm begging you. I'm growing sick just from being here worried about her. I can't eat, sleep, or do anything but think about Manaow. Gyo almost kneeled in front of them, but they stopped her.