CHAPTER 44

HAZEL'S POV

I felt relief when I heard Sean's reason but it made me confused. They're a bunch of liars. Tss, now I'm back to zero. What should I do now? I'm happy and want to tell this to Airon immediately but I promised to Sean not to tell anyone. And he said not to come close with him so he can't get involve. From what? He's protecting me from what? Now that it's all lies, did Marco lied to me as well? All the things he said, his daughter, does he really had one other than me? Is it Iris? Should I continue my investigation by myself or stop it?

'No. I need to know the truth.'

We left the hospital before dark, Semi arrived and he looks happy. I wonder who was the person he talked to. And Sean, hahaha he's so nervous he didn't get to say any words so his ex hanged up on him. Until now I'm laughing at him while he's driving.

"Hahaha if you saw your face! It was a tomato!"

He's glaring even though he's not looking at me, of course he's looking at the road. "Hazyyy, stop teasing or I'm gonna crash this car and we'll both die."

"Pfft! Hahaha no, you can't."

"Life is pointless anyway. She's leaving the country and also leaving me for good! Hazyyy! Let's just die since we're heart broken!" He said jokingly, I think.

"Sean stop joking about death!" I got serious so he laughs at me. "Sean, if you really love her, why don't you stop her?"

"Hahaha for what? Even if I did, I still can't be by her side."

"Why? Is it because of me?"

"Not really. I can't tell you of course, but just like you, I am protecting her." He seriously said. "Remember not to tell your father about this, okay?"

"Yes sir!" I said and salute to him. "But I'm gonna ask him about that."

"Yea, just don't get me involve." he said and I just nodded at him.

Minutes later, we arrived at their mansion. Never failed to amaze me, what really is their job or business? Hmm, maybe I should get his trust too so he can tell me everything, just like Sean, right? Yes, that's right! Hahaha okay, my new mission: Earn Marco's trust and be kind to him.

"Hazel!" Marco greeted us at the door. "Glad to see you again."

I smiled at him. If Sean is telling the truth, then maybe, this man is also kind just like what he said. Should I stop feeling scared at him? "Good evening s-sir Marco."

"Still calling him that?" Sean.

"It's okay Sean. She's still adjusting." Marco smiled at me. "Let's go inside. I prepared our dinner."

"You cooked?" I asked him while walking with them.

"Yes hahaha I learned it from Katherine, your Mom, when we're still together." Again, he's speaking more soft when remembering Mom.

"Uh, c-can I a-ask about y-your past with m-my Mom?" I asked even tho I'm shy. I feel like I want to know what happened and why they did not ended up together if they had me as a child. "Please?" I added.

He sighed. "Okay. Later after we're done eating. Is that alright?"

I nodded and smiled more. "Yes. Thank you."

We went in the dining and saw a lot of foods. "Do you have another visitor?"

"Hahaha none. I just want to cook a lot for you." Marco.

"What about me Sir? Can I have some of it?" Sean.

"Hahaha stop your jokes Sean, of course. Let's eat this all." Marco said and told us to sit down. "So, how's your days with Sean, Hazel?"