Chapter 27 The Capital's Darkness

No one's POV

After the battle with Merraid Oarburgh, Ryu immediately collapsed to the ground. Because this was his very first transformation into a Vampire Lycanthrope which had took a toll on his entire body. And not only that, his body had a high fever after being stung by one of Merraid's insects.

Akame: Ryu!

Akame whom noticed his pale face took action and she grabbed his body before it touches the ground. She immediately lay down and gently put his head on her lap giving him a lap pillow while also tend to his wounds.

Akame: Why do you always push yourself?

Akame asked in a worried tone for her partner. Even though his breathing is ragged and his eyes were closed, he answered her with a calm voice.

Ryu: To get an answer?

Akame:...

Akame didn't need to ask anymore by what Ryu had meant. After all he had his suspicion about the Empire's background far longer than she had. So it was only natural for him to be thinking like that. After managing his breathing, he silently open his mouth and gave Akame his answers.

Ryu: Akame...

Akame: Yes?

Ryu: From now on, please keep all these uncertainty about the Empire only to yourself and to me.

Akame: Why...?

Akame was visibly surprise when he told her that.

Ryu: I finally remembered everything. About the Empire's background, my missing memory. Especially why Father wants me of all people to be on his team.

Akame: Father?

Ryu: Right now, Father already had his suspicion on you. And not only that, he always keeps an eye on his children. So I asked you to please keep every uncertainties to yourself. Once we finally have a time to ourselves with no one watching, I'll tell you what I know about the Empire.

Akame:...

It was then Ryu finally passed out. Normally she would asked Ryu what he meant only to sensed someone was approaching them. That was why Ryu had ended their conversation quickly, because he didn't want anyone eavesdropping, not to mention Gozuki who always keeps an eye on them. It was then Gozuki, the Elite Seven, and the 4 Rakshasa Demon had arrived on the scene. They all saw an unconscious Ryu and Akame who was holding him tightly.

At first, Poney asked about Ryu's condition in a panicked, but Akame assured her that Ryu is fine just passed out due to fatigue. After awhile, reinforcement known as the Incinerator Squad came by with a Danger Beast that look like a Giant Rabbit. They howled the injured Natala and the unconscious Ryu on top of it.

The leader of the Incineration Squad there named Bols asked Akame what had happened there and Akame gave him a brief explanation