Chapter 3 First Mission

No one's POV

The children gathered at the hideout. After a long time of waiting, training, since child to know teenager. The elite 7 was finally given their very first mission by their father, Gozuki.

Gozuki: Now all of you! The preparations are in place, and it is time for you to go on your first mission!

Cornelia: Papa, you mean-

Gozuki: That's right. Today's killing won't be the typical practice partner, the Danger Beast Rousie Monkey. It will be human.

Poney: The day has finally come!

Gai: I can't wait to show off my skill!

Poney and Gai shiver with excitement. Poney clench her hands tight, while Gai slams his hands together.

Green(mind): We're finally going to take on a human opponent...

Cornelia(mind): I'll just take care of it the way I usually do.

Akame(mind): My first mission must be a success!

Ryu:...

Najasho:...

Gozuki: Now, I know that with your skills you wouldn't lose to most people anyway. Just do it how you do during practice. Besides, you're in possession of Shingus.

Ryu: Shingus?

Gozuki: That's right, that is the name of the weapons you've been given.

One thousand years ago, the first emperor who established the Empire fashioned forty-eight weapons called Teigus to protect the nation forever. Each was a super-weapon that made lavish use of forgotten arts and legendary Danger Beast materials in its crafting. Then, 400 years later, the Emperor at that time attempted to make his own versions of Teigu.

He loathed the idea that he would never surpass those weapons of antiquity

He loathed the idea that he would never surpass those weapons of antiquity. However what he created were weapons not equal to the Teigus. In a fit of humiliation, the Emperor sealed the Shingus away. He did this regardless that their performance was outstanding, despite not measuring up to the Teigus.