Chapter 8 A Dark Cloud

No one's POV

After delivering the food for Najasho and Green, Ryu and Cornelia went back to the inn leaving Gai back on the mountain. The moment they got back to the inn, a loud yawn left Ryu's lips making Cornelia laughed a little. Of course he'd be tired when he barely gives himself enough time to actually sleep.

Ryu: Well, we're here Cornelia.

Cornelia: Yep. Thanks for coming with me.

Ryu: I'm gonna go get some shut eye for awhile. Since we have to act like normal kids anyway. This is a good chance.

Cornelia: Alright. I can take care of things here.

Ryu: I'm counting on you. Don't do anything rash on your on. If you want to go somewhere, take Akame or Poney with you.

Cornelia: You worried too much. I'll be fine.

Ryu: Just a warning. Talk to you later.

Cornelia: U-Um... Ryu.

Ryu: Hm...?

Ryu looked back at Cornelia and saw that she was blushing and fidgeting her hands together. She seemed to struggling to get the words out of her throat. But after seeing her reaction. Ryu caught on right away and sigh.

Ryu: Sure... We can go out.

Cornelia looked at him surprised and started smiling happily.

Cornelia: Y-You really will...?

Ryu: If you are okay with someone like me?

Cornelia: I think every girl would rather be with you rather anyone else.

Ryu: Thanks for the compliment. We can hang out after I took some naps.

Cornelia: S-Sure! See you later!

Ryu went to his room and took a small nap. The moment he left, Cornelia started squealing and jumping around. Ryu isn't as dense as she thought he is. She was looking forward to it after this is all over. She was so excited that she didn't even realized someone called out to her.

 She was so excited that she didn't even realized someone called out to her

Taeko: Cornelia.

Cornelia was surprised at hearing Taeko's voice come out of nowhere but saw her nearby with a more serious expression than when Cornelia saw her earlier today.

Cornelia: Taeko. What is it?

Taeko: I want to ask you about that man who came by earlier, will you come with me? We won't go far.

Cornelia: Huh?

Cornelia(mind): Was she talking about Gai? Or Ryu...?

Cornelia couldn't assume anything but she agreed with Taeko. They walked towards some nearby ruins. The area was already secluded with Cornelia and Taeko being the only two there. Cornelia was already getting a bad vibe once she saw Taeko holding a katana so she strengthen her guard. Ryu had warned her to bring either him or Akame or Poney, but sadly she got her hopes up with Taeko thinking that she was her friend.