Chapter 22 A Fierce Battle between Life and Death

No one's POV

After securing their hostage, the Oaburgh team, Merraid, Daniel, Cassandra and Gilberda were waiting until tonight until the trading firm closed for the day. And since it's now, they can finally unleashed their assault.

Merraid: We've already secured our hostages. Let's massacre the rest.

As they were preparing their attack, Cassandra noticed that the wound Daniel had received from Akame's Shingu has yet to stop its bleeding. He had already apply bandages and medicine, and yet the blood shows no sign of stopping. Out of concern, Cassandra ask with worried voice.

Cassandra: Mr. Daniel? That wound still hasn't stopped bleeding?

Daniel: It's odd. I'm resistant to poison, but... Our enemies may be the first Teigu wielders we've seen in a while Madam Mera.

Merraid: Teigu huh... These little guys aren't Teigu, but their origin is the same.

Merraid said looking at the beetle on her hand. Wrigglers. The generic term for Insect-Type Danger Beast that the leaders of the Oarburghs have passed down for generation. These Insects can mobilize according to the will of their operator. It's said they were created by the Alchemist summoned to this country a thousand years ago.

 It's said they were created by the Alchemist summoned to this country a thousand years ago

Merraid: They're just the thing for our opponents.

Then suddenly, another beetle came down towards her hand and a narrow look appeared on Merraid's face. Though the rest couldn't identify it, Merraid had could sense the bugs emotions. It was fear which she finds it odd.

Merraid: Would you look at this.

Gilberda: What is it Madam?

Merraid: My bugs seem to be afraid of one of our targets.

(Elsewhere)

After closing the shop, Ryu's group Ryu, Poney, Green, and Gin all settle down still waiting for the arrival of Akame's team. Then at a room, Ryu, Green and Gozuki all settle down with Ryu finishing up his report while also playing chess there.

Gozuki: Hey Ryu, Green... How's Akame been these days? Has she been saying anything strange?

Ryu: Hmm...? Nothing I could think of. What do you think, Green?

Green: No, nothing that I can think of. As usual, Akame's only concerns are food and her little sister.

Gozuki: I see. That's good to know.

Green: Why? Is something troubling you?

Gozuki: Is just that she's so both serious. If she say anything odd, I want you to tell me.

Green: Roger.

Ryu: Sure.

Ryu had already a sinking feeling about why Gozuki asked that. As Ryu had noticed it, Gozuki always keeps a close watch on their children. Akame has started to doubt the Empire, something only Ryu could sense deep down. Akame already talked about this with Ryu alone, to which he warns Akame not to show sign of any suspicion, since Gozuki could see it right away. Of course, Akame complies to that.