Chapter 15 The Sister's Reunion

No one's POV

After Ryu and the other hostages got away and managed to secure themselves a room where they could hide. Ryu saw the reserve team, Natala, Kurome, and Gin took out pills from a place that Ryu would have never thought they would hide it. Ryu forced himself to look away for his own sake... since it was disgusting. Ryu wonder what Akame would think if she knew that her sister had been taking drugs and where she hid them.

 Ryu wonder what Akame would think if she knew that her sister had been taking drugs and where she hid them

Ryu looked at them. They don't appear to be sick, on the other hand, they look as physically fit as Ryu and the other Elite Seven. They did mention something about doping up when Ryu was fighting Weneg, so Ryu theorized that it was probably an enhancing drug to increase their ability to fight.

Ryu(mind): Just what kind of training did they do?

Ryu: Are the three of you, okay?

Natala: Yeah... The medicine will kick soon...

Ryu: Though, please try to hid the medicine somewhere else. It's kinda outa place there...

Gin: It's standard procedure for us to conceal it as insurance in case we get kidnapped like we just did.

Ryu(mind): Just what kind of brainwashing drug is that?

From what Ryu could tell, the drug was very important to them. And they would use it every time they fought. Her also could tell that if they don't take the drugs, they started to feel restless as if they were dying. Ryu looked at them curiously, he saw Kurome jump back onto her feet, energy seemingly returning quickly.

Kurome: It's working!

Ryu:...What kinda of medicine is that anyway? Some physical enhancement or something?

Natala, the boy Ryu recognized from the training drill 8 years ago seems to mull over how to respond. He doesn't want to give a full answer... which made Ryu the more suspicious about the Empire's background.

Natala: Yeah. Something like that.

Gin: Now we can fight! Should we go back and take him all together?

Natala: We should wait. The enemy's probably on the move.

Ryu: He's probably already gone, searching for all of us. First and foremost, we need to find the rest of our allies. Then we could tell about the curse we just saw.

Ryu said thinking about Gai. The two of them were winning and neither him nor Gai took no damage at all. But the moment Gai slammed Weneg into the ground, in an instant, Gai took a blow to his head from nowhere.