Chapter 17 Escape

No one's POV

The reinforcement the Capital had sent to the Elite Seven was one of the Empire's well known generals. She had icy blue hair and her power was something to be feared. Her name is Esdeath. Also known as the Empire's Strongest.

Gravekeeper: So I'm the only one left

Gravekeeper: So I'm the only one left...and here I'm supposed to be retired. Not only will I battle you, I'll tear you to shreds, Empire wench.

Esdeath: So it's a bear this time, is it? I hunted a lot of those when I was a little girl.

Gravekeeper: In close combat, I have never been bested. Will you still challenge me?

Esdeath: Sounds fun. I'm in.

Gravekeeper: You'll regret it!

The Gravekeeper lunged forward with a loud roar, Esdeath grinning in response. She hoped that her opponent before her was quite strong. Because so far, she was enjoying slaughtering them all. The strongest simply raises her foot, her heel hitting the Gravekeeper's forehead. The Gravekeeper looked completely stunned and shocked by her strength, and he was sent backwards. Using her quick wits, Esdeath had gotten in front of him, putting her index finger on his chest.

 Using her quick wits, Esdeath had gotten in front of him, putting her index finger on his chest

Esdeath: Everything freezes before me.

And before he could react or respond, the Gravekeeper's lower body was encased in ice. He now wiggled and squirmed, trying to free himself.

Esdeath: What happened to you being undefeated in close combat? That was too easy.

Gravekeeper: I...I'll break out of this ice.

The bear Gravekeeper said while shivering under the ice. Esdeath look completely uninterested and begin to walk away while looking towards the black symbol on her chest.

Esdeath: Looks like a futile struggle to me. A Teigu that controls ice...what a marvelous power I've come into.

Gravekeeper: Y-You Imperial wretch...! What did we ever do to you?!

Esdeath:You were targeted because you're weak and wealthy. That's all. You should have recognized your own weakness sooner and paid yearly tribute to the Empire as insurance.