Chapter 21 - A Distressed Battle

Third Person Pov 

Lucius stood before Grace's parents, his heart pounding in his chest as he pleaded with them to reconsider. The hospital room felt stifling, the air heavy with tension as Mr. and Mrs. Waters prepared to take Grace away.

"You can't do this," Lucius exclaimed, his voice trembling with emotion as he stepped closer to them. "I love her, and I'll do anything to prove it. Please, don't take her away from me."

Mr. Waters' expression hardened, his jaw set in determination as he faced Lucius. "This isn't about you, Lucius," he retorted, his voice laced with frustration. "This is about Grace's well-being. She needs her family right now."

Lucius felt a surge of desperation welling up inside him, a fierce determination to fight for the woman he loved. "But I can take care of her," he insisted, his voice rising with intensity. "I'll do whatever it takes to make sure she's safe and happy."

Mrs. Waters exchanged a weary glance with her husband, her eyes filled with sympathy for Lucius' plight. "We know you care for Grace, Lucius," she said softly, her voice tinged with regret. "But she needs more than just love right now. She needs the support of her family."

Tears welled in Lucius' eyes as he looked upon Grace, her pale face a stark reminder of the fragile state she was in. "Please," he pleaded, his voice choked with emotion. "Give me a chance to make things right. I can't bear the thought of losing her."

There was a tense silence in the room as Mr. and Mrs. Waters exchanged a weary glance, the weight of their decision hanging heavy in the air. Lucius felt his heart pounding in his chest, every beat echoing with the fear of losing the woman he loved.

Finally, Mr. Waters spoke, his voice heavy with resignation. "We'll give you one chance, Lucius," he said, his gaze unwavering. "But you need to prove to us that you're worthy of Grace's love. Otherwise, we'll take her back to America, and there's nothing you can do to stop us."

Lucius nodded, his eyes filled with determination as he vowed to himself that he would do whatever it took to win Grace's parents' approval. For in their acceptance lay the key to keeping Grace by his side, and he would fight tooth and nail to make sure that happened.