Chapter 20 - A Desperate Plea

Third Person Pov 

In Grace's hospital room, the air was heavy with tension as Mr. and Mrs. Waters hovered anxiously by their daughter's bedside, their expressions etched with worry and uncertainty. Lucius stood nearby, his heart heavy with guilt and remorse as he watched the scene unfold before him.

"I think it's best if we take Grace back home to America," Mrs. Waters said, her voice thick with emotion as she turned to her husband. "She needs to be surrounded by familiar faces, familiar places."

Mr. Waters nodded solemnly, his eyes never leaving Grace's pale face. "I agree," he replied, his voice tight with emotion. "London is no place for her to recover, not after what she's been through."

Lucius felt a surge of panic rise within him at their words, his mind racing as he struggled to comprehend the thought of losing Grace. "No, please," he pleaded, his voice breaking with desperation. "You can't take her away from me."

Mr. and Mrs. Waters turned to him, their expressions softened by his anguish. "Lucius, we understand that you care for Grace," Mrs. Waters began gently. "But she needs her family right now. We can't risk her health and well-being any further."

Tears welled in Lucius' eyes as he looked upon Grace, her fragile form lying still amidst the sterile hospital sheets. "I'm sorry," he whispered, his voice choked with emotion. "I'm so sorry for what happened. But please, don't take her away from me. I'll do anything, I'll make things right."

Mrs. Waters reached out and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder, her gaze filled with compassion. "We know you mean well, Lucius," she said softly. "But this is for the best. Grace needs time to heal, and we need to be there for her every step of the way."

Lucius felt a wave of despair wash over him as he watched Mr. and Mrs. Waters prepare to take Grace away. The thought of losing her filled him with a profound sense of emptiness, a gaping void that threatened to swallow him whole.

But amidst the turmoil and despair, a flicker of determination burned within him. He couldn't bear the thought of losing Grace, not now, not ever. And as he watched her parents wheel her out of the room, he made a silent vow to himself that he would do whatever it took to win her back, to prove himself worthy of her love and trust once more.